Got Shorty, now what... (Dropping the Deuce) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another year old thread resurrection. Erin asked me while working on the squirt "when you gonna swap the trans in the brown 80?" So with that thought rolling around in my brain I've started trying to assess where i left off on shorty...

So to recap, I have gotten the ome stock height setup and spacers on, had swapped the ARB onto the front and was working thru my list of parts needed for the 4spd swap.

So as far as I can recall, parts wise I have the following:
  • H42
  • Split case
  • Terrain tamer front end rebuild kit with bearings
  • Terrain tamer rotors and pads
  • OE clutch pedal assembly
  • Machined and ready flywheel
  • New rear main seal
  • Full tune-up set (plugs, wires, rotor, cap, etc)
  • A set of aisin scalloped hubs
I had a full float rear end, but I sold it a month or so ago.

So I still need:
  • 3F bellhousing (working on that currently)
  • Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and associated plumbing
  • Trans crossmember
  • Clutch
I know that I will have to do some driveline work and there will be other misc. wiring and such to get sorted, but I think those are all the big parts I need for now.

So I am currently working on getting a 3F bellhousing lined up and need to call Kurt at Cruiser outfitters to get a clutch headed my way and and talk to him about a clutch slave and master.

So I guess while I'm working thru getting the sami up and going, I will pick back up on getting the 4spd in and getting her moving along again.

Well, we were going to pull ole'shorty down to the shop to start a little work on him, but after changing the battery out and finally getting it to turn-over we got lots of cranking, but no starting. I jumped the diagnostic ports, but never heard the fuel pump run. I need a little more time to trouble shoot, but I am pretty sure it is going to be a new fuel pump for shorty.

I am going to get one orders, along with a set of contacts for the starter and a new fusible link for it. Time to get this thing running again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom