Got on my bike finally today........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nat

Threads
...........after 16 months of not riding :eek:

I torched my knee at a cyclocross race my wife was doing in late 2007. After not doing anything in 2008, I have been lifting weights, walking 2 miles everyday, doing the endless stairs machine and stationary bike.

Today I was an hour in the saddle, just me and my wife out enjoying the beautiful weather. It was awesome to be out!

:cheers:

Yikes! Sixteen non riding months! I'm glad you're back in the saddle. Keep working on the leg strength as you prep for the warmer season. Leg/lung strenghth are the key to fun rides.

Congrats and good luck to you. I'm struggling to get motivated again after a similar period off the bike.

Welcome back to the saddle! You made me feel better for not being able to get into a regular ride schedule so far this year. Being off the bike for a while does have a good side-you'll rediscover how much fun it is to just get out and ride. Hope the knee keeps getting better.

I'm in the same boat. I'd been riding the stationaly recumbant bike in the gym at work for the last 6 months. They just replaced it with an upright, so I boke out the Specialized for my work commute. I figure I may as well enjoy the scenery and push my weight around if I'm sitting upright. Riding home at 1:00 AM can be pretty interesting.

I don't think my GF could put up with me if I had to spend that much time off the bike. She says I am a lot easier to be around after a good workout. It is one of the best forms of stress relief.

Wow, first time in this area of Mud...very cool.

Grats on getting back on. I have committed to a century ride in May. I have very little time in the saddle lately. With winter here and the few daytime hours after work spent wrenching on the FJ40 I cannot find motivation to get on the trainer. Riding indoors just aint the same.

Anyway, good luck with your recovery!

I don't think my GF could put up with me if I had to spend that much time off the bike. She says I am a lot easier to be around after a good workout. It is one of the best forms of stress relief.

That sounds like my wife. If she can't pump iron and ride a bike, she gets pretty cranky.

It's taken since Christmas, but I felt good for the first time last night after a decent effort. Did the last 28mi solo in about 1:16.

I'm actually thinking of getting a bike...my last one when I was like a kid...a BMX :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom