good toyota service (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone had experience with service work at town&country toyota dealer in sedalia ,mo.?need to get a birf job on my new 1991 80 series.or recommened a good place to get it done?thanks :beer:

not new birfields but will be cleaned out and repacked.the kit from cdan,all seals bearings,gaskets.it is suppose to be a 10 hour job.they charge 55 hr in sedalia.moole toyota said 10 hrs at 80 hr.i am not mechanically inclined plus i just had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder so i cannot use my right arm for anything.does anyone at tornado alley have birf parties?beano in akron ohio offered to help me but that is a 13 hour drive and being a single parent i would have to pull my kid out of school to go with me,cant leave her alone for that long.i would pay a tornado alley member to help me if anyone was interested.i have a appointment set up for toyota dealer in sedalia,mo. for wednesday so if anyone is interested let me know soon so i can cancell appointment.if someone has heard anything bad about this dealership please let me know thanks,terry

If they are just weeping, save your money for now. In the mean time, heck your diff level regularly.

We'll probably be having a wrenching weekend in Emporia later this year or early next. There will be enough know-how there that if you come with a front axle seal kit, some grease, and 80-90W oil, we'll show you how to do it. No sense in you spending a grand on a maintenance item that most on this forum have done several times. It'll also be a good chance to meet a good chunk of the gang.

Kids are welcome - by then my wife and I will have our first.

Chris (Emporia Wrenching Weekend Host)

hi

you must have a heated shop if you are doing it in winter time?how many guys show up those get togethers?i would like to meet you guys sometime.how far is emporia from kansas city?how often you guys get together?my knuckles are just wet with oil and some leaked down but does not drip on pad where i park it.just bought it a few weeks ago.like new shape except where i hit a deer a week ago with the front bumper.it does not click on hard turns .i dont know if has ever been done.i do know the transmission has not had fluid changed in at least 50000 miles probably more,but shifts really good.i planned on having the pan dropped and cleaning filter ,see what everthing looks like and just replace fluid in pan.then do the drain and fill about 3 more times.i knew nothing about cruisers before i bought it but it seemed like a great deal.plus i had to have something with a auto tranny to drive till my shoulder heals up or sit at home.first time i have been off work for so long,it gets really boring staying at home. :beer:

I'm fortunate to have a 4-bay shop at work we can use, along with a welder, presses, parts washer, lifts, etc. Our last wrenching weekend in February was pretty big - can't recall how many rigs we worked on, but there were close to 20 people here. Emporia is about 1 1/2 hours from central KC. As a club, we've tried to plan an event each month. Attendance varies - our last one was in mid-September.

We can definitely handle the knuckles. I'd recommend having your tranny professionally power-flushed. Most of our gang has manual transmission experience.

hi

wow you are very fortunate then!!!!i was going to have the tranny flushed but not knowing the history of the transmission service everyone one on ihmud said not too.they said drain pan ,clean it and refill then just do drain and refill every oil change 3 more times.sound good to you?first baby coming huh?good luck your life will change forever. :beer:

your 3 kids live with ex?if so i hope that you get to see them often.my kid lives with me

How many miles on the truck? If the maintainence history is questionable, I would not do the flush. As for the front axle, if it's not leaking severely and no noises from the hubs, you can probably postpone it for a while with no adverse effects. Just keep an eye on the oil level in the front diff. If you unscrew the square plug on the top of the swivel housing, you can stick a slim screwdriver in there and see what is in the hub.

Bob

i am definetly not doing the flush.was going to drop pan clean it out and put back in about 5 qts.then every oil change just drain pan and replace fluid next 3 times.is this okay or am i asking for problems.front end is not making any noise yet,it is only oil on knuckles no grease.i will check diff fluid,thanks.it has 190000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom