General service and disc brake conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations for someone who can service my 63 fj45 and add disc brakes? Preferably in and around Plaza/midtown

Best advice is chat with Jess @cjmoon or Rob @kc_chevota both are able to do mods and maint. Rob is physically closer but both run small businesses doing work on landcruisers. I can be available to discuss with either shop owner. Full disclosure, I am working with Jess some at his shop. Guessing you have a single piston steel cup system master with 9mm fittings. If you still have the sd40 carb and a stock setup your front axle has course spline inner axles and a ball and claw setup that uses 9mm stud at the diff. Those axles won't convert to newer toyota disks but housings are around. There is another option that might work using chevrolet disks. Reach out to either shop or both, and I can be available for tech and if you want can be part of the discussion at either shop to assist with ideas and a plan of action. I don't do work for "customers" unless it is at Jess's shop. I do however have a 64 45 with disk brakes that work. I would not recommend taking it to someone that does general maint. I highly recommend upgrading to a dual system master, boosted or manual for safety. I am guessing others in this forum will offer their advice as well. Feel free to pm me for my contact info and I can be avail to discuss anything related to old 45's or your plans for the vehicle and how to get there. A pic of your truck would be nice in this thread, the 45's are fairly rare in the city.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

IMG_1827.jpeg

Wow, beautiful. Nice Shorty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom