good deal on taco? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of buying a 2001 taco 4x4 with 85,000 miles.It is in good shape no rust ,dents just acouple of scratches and small dings .The price is 11,000 .What do guys think?

Seems reasonable - possibly a tab bit high. Double Cab or Access Cab? V6?
Check your local craigslist or cars.com in your area for comparison prices. Around Colorado those Tacos go for a premium, but that's not true everywhere.

It is a v6 sr5 not a trd.Do all trd"s have a rear locker? What else do they have besides bilstein shocks?It is an extra cab.I Know the seller he is buying a tacoma4 door.Hetold me this is what dealer is going to give him for a trade in.I looked around at autotrader and craiglist seems like a good deal.Ialso checked blue book values (edmonds,kbb and nada) according to those it seems high.

It is a v6 sr5 not a trd.Do all trd"s have a rear locker? What else do they have besides bilstein shocks?It is an extra cab.I Know the seller he is buying a tacoma4 door.Hetold me this is what dealer is going to give him for a trade in.I looked around at autotrader and craiglist seems like a good deal.Ialso checked blue book values (edmonds,kbb and nada) according to those it seems high.

The TRD added the rear locker and bilstein shocks, I can't think of anything else. You could look around at TTORA.com, but be aware they don't like newbies IMHO.

X2 on TTORA, bring your flamesuit. Sounds like a pretty fair price. Tacos really seem to be holding
their value, especially the previous Gen. TRD models.

I would agree that where you are will dictate pricing. Here in So Cal, 11k for a clean 4x4 x-cab is a steal, even w/o the TRD package. I also would have the truck checked out. pay the $ to have a local Toyota dealer check it out top to bottom and nose to tail. If the guy isnt worried about what you may find he shouldnt have a problem with that.

Thanks for the opinions.I spoke with owner and he talked to auto broker that he is buying new truck from.He wants the truck not the 11k in cash.I guess he has a buyer for it that he can make some more $ off of.:crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom