GOOD Additional Lighting Option w/o A New Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I REALLY miss this mod I had on my old truck. DEFINITELY saved me several times missing bucks/does throughout the year being able to spot them long before they were meeting me at 55 mph. Has anyone used any of the STEDI lighting harnesses to tap into OEM wiring, or is the usual thing to go for the switchpro hub?

I had a SPDT setup that was clutch in my old rig and I'd like to mirror that if possible with KISS in mind. My hang-up in just pushing forward with this is that I'd need a relay point under the hood and I am a big fan of some of the fuse blocks, etc that some of you have concocted. I don't like the idea of just tapping into OEM wiring when possible, but there's no alternative I can think of to get the same setup I had before without defiling the existing wiring.
While I used a SwitchPro for other needs, you can do this with relays and not butcher OEM wiring.

Another option:

S2's for ditch lights just screwed through the plastic of the bumper with a washer / nut behind. 2-3 years now and never moved around.

30'' arc ONX6 driving and spot combo on a custom bracket. No cutting required. Separate master switches for both. ONX6 linked to main beams and goes on / off with them once master switch is powered on. Easy to adjust up or down as it is outside the grill and accessible.
20211105_162349.jpg
20211105_162317.jpg

The S2's give plenty of light out to the sides. The ONX6 has good spread sideways and vertical and reasonable forward distance. Not the very long throw you get with round spots, have some Stedi Type X on a 100 series and that is a way longer throw, but would think the ONX6 would be very good on forest roads, mountainous areas for keeping an eye out for changing terrain (it highlights undulations in the track really well) and for spotting wildlife crossing. The colour is very easy on the eye, not harsh, can drive hours with them on.

While I used a SwitchPro for other needs, you can do this with relays and not butcher OEM wiring.

I'll agree with you that the SwitchPro's is worth its weight in gold. Consolidates, simplifies, but also isolates the aftermarket electric circuits so it doesn't reduce reliability of the original systems. Some might balk at the price but once all the wiring, hardware, labor is taken into account, it'll likely be in the same ballpark. Plus SwitchPros has some cool features like programming and BT that would be hard to replicate otherwise.

Attachments

• Simple LBar Wiring.pdf
    226 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom