Gone to the beauty parlor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
The old gal needed a bit of a nip-and-tuck so I spent ~11 hours on Sunday de-trimming her and prepping her for a trip to the paint shop for a tuneup.

Beno dropped by to lend a hand with slider and bumper/winch removal before he had to head off to work. I did the rest.

De-trimming and pulling armour off netted almost 2 additional inches in lift..:eek: In addition, it's pretty damn quick.....:hillbilly:

My body shop buddy says I'll have her back by a week from tomorrow so I can re-assemble.

Yes Beo, I KEPT IT 6M1!............:flipoff2:
Copy of beauty parlor 007.jpg
Copy of beauty parlor 008.jpg

Last edited:
I want to BAD but I can't pull the trigger.....:crybaby:

Man that thing is ugly without its armor. Are those 33's or 35's and what lift?

305/70/16 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers (33-12.00-16)

The lift is OME 864 and OME 850J with a 1 inch Tools-R-us 6061 spacer.

Is it legal in NM to drive with no headlights or signals? And how do you get in with no door handles? ;)

She was beyond merely a little rubbing compound & wax?

I left the headlamps and tail lamps in for the trip to the shop. Due to the extent of the stripage it only took a few minutes to get them out of the way upon arrival.

You know once it gets dirty you just need to re-finish it or buy a new one....;)

keepin the 6M1??? c'mon forest green is so 90's;p
were you having any issues w/ the clearcoat as it seems to be a reoccuring theme around here?

Do you need a new interceptor badge? I have a friend working at the Ford plant where they make those babies and I'm sure he can get me a couple.

I don't know if it came off clean yet. My body shop buddy uses a special heating process to remove adhesive emblems. If the Crown Vic emblem is hurt I'll need a fresh one for sure......:lol:

Join the 2-tone revolution; its taken over I’m telling you :lol:

CAMO Green would be :cool:

BTW is there more than one green color code I thought my 94 says: G8M?

standard.jpg

GM8 indicates a tutone combination.

Tutones with 6M1 as the primary color are quite rare.

Dan, your truck had quarter lights???? Do they flash with the blinkers? Can I retro fit some on mine? That is the coolest thing yet!!

And BTW, I thought I was the only one who stripped all that stuff off the vehicle before I get it painted. It's the only way to avoid the peeling paint where they mask around lights and trim.

Last edited:
Dan, your truck had quarter lights???? Do they flash with the blinkers? Can I retro fit some on mine? That is the coolest thing yet!!

And BTW, I thought I was the only one who stripped all that stuff off the vehicle before I get it painted. It's the only way to avoid the peeling paint where they mask around lights and trim.

The only correct way to refinish a vehicle is to eliminate EVERYTHING that comes in contact with the panels that are to be refinished. I have operated under that procedure for over 30 years. I feel that you should be able to remove ANYTHING without revealing the fact that the panel(s) have been refinished. To do less is the same as taking a shower and putting your dirty shorts back on.

Cheap bastards mask, pros strip.

From the pics I've seen you post, never looked like you needed new paint ....... at the same time, how could you not treat the old girl and get her "did" :hillbilly:

From the pics I've seen you post, never looked like you needed new paint ....... at the same time, how could you not treat the old girl and get her "did" :hillbilly:

Once the ashtray is full you either empty it or get a new car....:lol:

Kinda like a week a the spa for the old girl huh?

BTW Thanks for the parts they showed up today. Your the man. I'll call tomorrow for a few more things.

Kinda like a week a the spa for the old girl huh?

Two actually. You are spot-on. Kinda like one of those extreme makeover jobs....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom