SOLD Goldendale, WA: 1986 HJ60 LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Goldendale, Washington 98620 United States
Mileage
Color
Silver
For sale is my 1986 Toyota HJ60. It has the 2H diesel, 5 speed manual transmission, and of course 4x4. It’s registered in Washington State and located in Goldendale, WA. I imported it from Canada myself, and have since spent a ton of money on it. If I keep it, I’m going to keep spending tons more money on it to make it even more badass. It was an itch I had to scratch by getting a Cruiser, but at this point I think I’ll just sell it and get myself a new or newish Tacoma.

The body is a 1986 HJ60, and the engine and frame are from a 1987 HJ60. The frames on these don’t have a complete VIN stamped on them, just a frame number. The only existing VINs to worry about are on the body and the title. Mileage is a bit murky, but the donor engine and frame should be somewhere around 240,000 miles by now.

The 4 liter inline 6 2H diesel is slow but strong. It always starts up strong, even when it’s 5 degrees out and only 5 of the glow plugs are working (Glow plugs have all been replaced and all of them work now.)

It runs and drives well, this summer I drove it up to Holberg on Vancouver Island. It's good to drive anywhere in the country if you're doing a fly and ride.

Very cold A/C!

Under my care, it’s received:
New tires and wheels (x5)
New glow plugs
Old Man Emu full 2” lift suspension kit plus steering stabilizer
New belts
New hoses
Several new pulleys/bearings
Two brand spankin’ new batteries (24v system)
New clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing
Extended oil pressure relief valve
Plug-in coolant heater
New thermostat
Mechanical oil and temperature gauges

There is a little rust, but it’s better than many Cruisers out there, especially for one from Canada. The frame having been swapped is very solid though, and it’s been painted in POR-15. The rockers have been replaced with rectangular steel tubing.

For cash buyers, I’m asking $17,000 USD.

Here's a 10 minute video of it climbing up a big grade:
Here's a video showing a blowby test:

20230114_125416 - Copy.jpg

20230114_125427 - Copy.jpg

20230114_125439 - Copy.jpg

20230114_125449 - Copy.jpg

20230114_125457 - Copy.jpg

Many more pictures below...

Last edited:
4C42252D-C414-416F-8548-4EA4A25835DD.jpeg

Like this? 5speed manual access cab 4x4. I’m guessing you want a 6 cyl though. Mine has the indestructible 4 cylinder.

Just a heads up. The Tacoma never came 6 speed manual with 6 foot bed, only 5 foot bed. What you're asking for is unobtainable unless someone swapped it.

Just a heads up. The Tacoma never came 6 speed manual with 6 foot bed, only 5 foot bed. What you're asking for is unobtainable unless someone swapped it.
I'm not sure where you got that idea. The 2016+ Access Cab variants all have a 6' bed and can have a 5 or 6 speed manual depending on the year. You can go on to Toyota's website and spec an TRD Sport with a 6' bed and 6 speed manual right now.

Double cab tacos never came with the manual/long bed so a DCLB 6-speed taco doesn’t exist (to my knowledge). Access cab/single cab only come with the 6’ bed and can come auto or manual

Sorry don’t stone me to death. I’m talking about a double cab…I tried to spec one, double cab, 6 foot bed and manual transmission…

I settled for a 5 foot bed, manual transmission double cab.
Good on ya. Every new MT purchase compels Toyota to continue making them for the next guy.

$17,000, anyone? This is getting kicked out of my shop soon.

Good luck with sale! I'm casually in the market for a 60, and consistently see rust free trucks selling for ~$20k or high teens. Given the rust holes in the rear quarter panels, I think $17k could be difficult to get. Could be wrong though. Nice rig!

Good luck with sale! I'm casually in the market for a 60, and consistently see rust free trucks selling for ~$20k or high teens. Given the rust holes in the rear quarter panels, I think $17k could be difficult to get. Could be wrong though. Nice rig!
Thanks for your input. This is an HJ60, not an FJ60, and it's here in the US and priced accordingly.

Consider sharing detailed under carriage pics. Most folks would appreciate it and it will spare you the time to provide. Good looking rig. Love the rims. GLWS.

has the speedometer been swapped/replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom