Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I tabled this project because I found a home for the axles in another project.
I use my 45 just about every day on the farm so I justified not doing this so I can keep the Goat in service.
Well today, I was making a run to get the tractor and my clutch went out. I hear something tinkling around in the cover and when I push the pedal in the clutch is not disengaging. I can start it up in gear and go but damn. What a bummer. I really hate to just do a clutch on it and not get in there and wake up this tired old motor.

I’ll have to ponder this one.

8E2E0AE0-DF33-49B0-BBF7-1E8703CF3C0D.jpeg

It's not something simple like the throwout arm spring is it? Is it possible it fell off the slave?

My old mentor buddy always said to check the simplest failure first.

So I tabled this project because I found a home for the axles in another project.
I use my 45 just about every day on the farm so I justified not doing this so I can keep the Goat in service.
Well today, I was making a run to get the tractor and my clutch went out. I hear something tinkling around in the cover and when I push the pedal in the clutch is not disengaging. I can start it up in gear and go but damn. What a bummer. I really hate to just do a clutch on it and not get in there and wake up this tired old motor.

I’ll have to ponder this one.

View attachment 2247906

clutch, clutch, clutch, clutch... keep the goat unmolested...

Booger welding on marginal rusted roof metal ain’t fun either.

C‘mon Nolan, you know the rules. If you gonna drive ‘dem ol trucks, ya gonna half ta work on ’ dem ol trucks!

I agree especially after he finishes the "other project" the axles are going in....

The bed was full of garbage so I made a dump run. I was able to crank it in gear and drive it

Then on the small incline at my house I used the starter to crank it in gear and whatever was letting go FULLY exploded.

I think the clutch disc disenegrated.

My son rescued me and I towed it off to the equipment shed.

Patina and the Goat Tail have been promoted to farm duty until I clear the lift of Rotunda

8BE6C2B6-07EA-4DCB-BBF7-7BB1C4FBF31C.jpeg

CDBEE15C-8C68-4323-8BD2-6DE988855355.jpeg

73644604-AC4B-4A79-B6F1-BD35AC2BFDE0.jpeg

Who is this Rotunda you speak of, can’t just be introduced to an ass up in the air :grinpimp:

Almost a month parked, I went back to the shed and fired up The Goat just to stir the fluids and charge the battery. I’m Getting antsy to fix it.

3D5A9C33-027B-450C-A1D3-364102AD9CA9.jpeg

Almost a month parked, I went back to the shed and fired up The Goat just to stir the fluids and charge the battery. I’m Getting antsy to fix it
After sitting in the shadow ...... starting the engine, how long did the Goat run without choke?
Wouldn't let the engine run for less than half an hour after 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom