Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took my canoe to my neighbors farm yesterday to paddle some swamp he told me about and I forgot my paddles.

Enjoyed the ride over though

81931DE8-BD8F-48A8-B0BC-0C836BB3097F.jpeg

The Goat is running and stopping strong.

Sadly I’m starting to see puffs of blue smoke at startup and after it idles a while and I rev to go.

It’s a long way from being an issue the way I use the Goat but it’s sad nonetheless

EB3F8867-5C23-46CA-A752-C701F8E26BAD.jpeg

At 8mph , pretty sure it will stay put! How heavy is yours? This thing is awkward to move by myself, it’s about 100 lbs and I’m a big guy, but it feels heavier? It’s a 16” sea nymph 1974. I have a cool 50”s British seagull outboard for it, all of 3 hp!

At 8mph , pretty sure it will stay put! How heavy is yours? This thing is awkward to move by myself, it’s about 100 lbs and I’m a big guy, but it feels heavier? It’s a 16” sea nymph 1974. I have a cool 50”s British seagull outboard for it, all of 3 hp!

Mine is a pretty rare ultralight model. 55#

I love yours. Would put a 10hp on it and go 40 down the crick!

Happy to help! :D

You were the first person I thought of when we had those available!

Pig and I went for a nice long drive in the Goat today. Man, the 7.50-16 KM3s are a real game changer on Cruise RPMs and ride comfort.

BC947753-857E-4ED6-AF0C-4D799B81A543.jpeg

That said, it’s still like riding in a sardine van in the cockpits of these things.

I have been laying Noico mat all in my other Cruisers lately.

The 60 got it with a full set of new Carpet from @dnp

The 55 got it. Wow. What a difference.

I had a couple sheets left and I put some under the little mats I have in the floor of my 40. It and a heat shield I built under the truck really cut the floor temps back like crazy.

So. I had one and a half sheets left so I cut out some for the bottom of the Goat.

This stuff is shiny and there is no way I would want it to show so it’s only in the floorboard covered.

0163C698-8F59-4EE6-9F94-94620FEA4B62.jpeg

C659AF93-2C24-4FF9-85E0-CCFD90B066F5.jpeg

Then I cut up my old FJ60 mats to go on top of the little rubber mats I’ve been using.

I even cut up a rear mat for under the drivers seat. This should really help a lot with heat and noise.

1CABBC3D-B736-4327-974A-8808D0C7E838.jpeg

Layers killed many Cruisers but if I get anything wet I’ll pull all this out to dry (except Noico of course)

The hump could use some insulation but that will have to go on the underside when and if I have to pull the hump one day. Until now that will just get hot. Too cool to cover up.

Lastly. Added a high dollar mutt to the mix last week. Sammie G is getting along fine with the farm animals

ACB052C7-223B-4ED1-8342-8E3CCFDDA829.jpeg

FJ453012.jpg
All I did in 2006 was to cut out some rubber mats for the bottom. Bought some rubber similar to these.
gummimatte-3mm-feinriefenmatte-premium-nr-sbr-schwarz~2.jpg

Yes my can is noisy an hot... it´s an old can .
What I did too before I put the mats in was to put some grease between the overlapping sheet metal and seams.... works.... no rust. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 1770373 All I did in 2006 was to cut out some rubber mats for the bottom. Bought some rubber similar to these.
gummimatte-3mm-feinriefenmatte-premium-nr-sbr-schwarz~2.jpg

Yes my can is noisy an hot... it´s an old can .
What I did too before I put the mats in was to put some grease between the overlapping sheet metal and seams.... works.... no rust. :)

What I did too the first years I screwed a part of the top off and stored it for 6 month.... works pretty well against the heat.

DSC00174.JPG

Talk about a lot of dog poop!
Great picture. I have had 2 Golden’s in my life. On a dog sabbatical for now.

I don’t understand why you would not take the entire top off.

a) storage problem
b) the three- point belt is fixed on the rear cabin side.
c) at that time I could if I wanted drive the can during light rain.
d) .... and most important I liked the look with the rear cabin wall mounted.

acb052c7-223b-4ed1-8342-8e3ccfdda829-jpeg.1770096

Your new little roommate looks like handknitted.:)

Strickendes-M%C3%A4dchen-2.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom