Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dogs in general but Golden's in particular love Land Cruiser. At least that's my story.

image.jpeg

The jury's out on miniature poodles.

IMG_1080.jpg

The bushings that came with it fit like so. By hand, that is as far as they will slide up the new center arm.

View attachment 1731610

I have a second simple kit from @cruiseroutfit

The bushings in that kit slide right on

View attachment 1731609

Yeah, old stuff but trying to keep relevant topics together. Based on what you sent me and what you’ve done and what I’ve observed with my rig, I’m of the opinion that the old stock (steel) top bushing is suppose to press on, that keeps it from spinning. It gets removed in a press once you have the shaft out. (And good luck with that, as you know, mines is still a stuck pig.) And that’s why your top bushing is stuck as well as mine. They’re pressed on.

Side alert: Nobel peace prize to whoever invents a center arm shaft puller that fits and works. Double prize if if it also works on spring hanger pins

The bottom bushing needs to come off easily because of disassembly, but it also needs to not spin. Hence the woodruff keys. I think the fact that the upper brass bushing in the non-OEM kits slides on is problematic because it can spin on the shaft. How problematic? Who the fugawee knows.

The Goat Tail made its maiden voyage today to my local sheet metal shop for a panel for the front of the tub.

It towed excellent.

71497C40-899D-4D91-AD90-3F8A40666EA8.jpeg

7F987075-1B3F-4B97-ABDA-21E631E0635C.jpeg

09685FDD-7D53-4025-9F1C-7C2B2B4C8901.jpeg

What are you done doing with the tub?

Typing on this damn phone...... *doing to the tub.

Got ya!

How’s the haircut?

The goat tail is awesome! Matching color and patina is not an easy thing to accomplish.

It’s the back 1/2 of the local truck I found that I moved the hood and fenders to the Goat.

Sooooooo, no one would know but us Besides, they would match. Everything else does....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom