SOLD Gilbert, AZ: 2004 TOYOTA Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(107, 105, 105)
6/19: Full-price sale pending to Montana buyer via Craigslist. Several other potential buyers lined up if deal falls through. Thanks.
6/21: Received non-refundable deposit of $500 from Montana buyer; giving him time to get his funding in order and hoping to complete the sale shortly.
6/24: SOLD. New owner flew into PHX this evening, we completed the sale at my house, and he and his dad are on their way back to MT this evening in a kick-ass rig. Signing off for now. Thanks mud community!

Scott

2004 TOYOTA Land Cruiser Wagon

Thunder Cloud Metallic (1D2) Exterior
Stone Leather Interior
164,854 original miles
Clean title, clean CarFax, no accidents, all original body panels and VIN decals

Please check out the attached window sticker to appreciate all of the standard and optional equipment this Cruiser comes with.

Purchased private party from original owner Mike Markham, President and owner of Markham Contracting Co., Inc. in Phoenix, Arizona on 7/16/2021 with roughly 160,900 miles on it. This vehicle served as his personal company vehicle from the time he purchased it new from BIG TWO TOYOTA in Mesa, Arizona (dealership is now in Chandler). The vehicle made regular trips to the owner’s cabin in Flagstaff and vacation home in San Diego. Markham provided extensive maintenance records for the vehicle with proof of service by the Markham service technicians, various TOYOTA dealerships, and a few lube and oil shops.

I have owned it for 11 months and roughly 3,950 miles. My big plans for camping and overlanding never became a reality. Vehicle is underutilized and ready for someone who will take full advantage of its legendary off-roading capabilities and impeccable reliability. I’ve invested roughly $13K into baselining it and completing tasteful upgrades to enhance the vehicle’s go anywhere abilities. We own it free and clear and simply want to use this money elsewhere at the moment.

During my time of ownership, I have completed the following baseline items myself:

+ Oil/filter changes using Mobil 1 (1st oil change) and Castrol (2nd oil change) high-mileage, synthetic oil using OEM TOYOTA oil filters and crush washers
+ Replaced front and rear differential oil, as well as transfer case oil with Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil
+ Replaced front wheel bearings with all new OEM TOYOTA parts and used Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease to repack everything
+ OEM TOYOTA Engine Air Filter
+ OEM TOYOTA Cabin Filter Retrofit (2004 MY didn’t come with this)
+ OEM TOYOTA Drive/CV Axles
+ OEM TOYOTA Lower Control Arms
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Sway Bar Refresh Hardware and Bushings
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Brake Rotors
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Brake Calipers
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Brake Pads
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Brake Lines
+ OEM TOYOTA Brake Fluid
+ OEM TOYOTA Front and Rear Differential Drain Plugs
+ OEM TOYOTA Heater/Coolant Pipes (Heater Ts)
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Windshield Glass and Rubber Moldings (Professionally installed)
+ OEM TOYOTA Front Hood Liner Rubber and Plastic Retainer Clips (I ditched the factory Hood Protector)
+ OEM TOYOTA Chrome Exterior Emblems (since original Black Pearl emblems were peeling badly)

The vehicle has the following upgrades:

+ 2021 TOYOTA Tundra Trail Edition 18” wheels (Graphite color)
+ (5) BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 LT275/70R18 tires from Discount Tire (approx. 3K miles on them) with matching spare on a TOYOTA Tundra black steelie rim (tire/rim unused)
+ OEM TOYOTA Land Cruiser Clear Corner Light Assemblies from United Arab Emirates (UAE) with Amber 1157 Bulbs
+ LASFIT LED lighting throughout the exterior and interior
+ Philips headlight bulb upgrade
+ Ironman 4x4 Classic Off Road Bumper w/integrated fog lights and LED turn signals wired to factory turn signals
+ ASFIR Front Skid Plate
+ Road Safe (Australia brand) Rated Recovery Points in the Front
+ Dobinsons Upper Control Arms
+ Outer Tie Rods from Cruiser Teq (Cruiser Outfitters)
+ Ironman 4x4 2” Foam Cell Pro Suspension Lift with Torsion Bars, Differential Drop, and LCA Skid Plates
+ Snorkel with Sy-Klone 9001 Pre-Cleaner Upgrade
+ WeatherTech Floor Liners in Front and Middle Rows

Things to be aware of:

+ Steering rack, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, and gasket were replaced by Mossy TOYOTA in San Diego 5/2/2018 @ 159,069 miles (full receipts for all of this); this means that the vehicle has been driven less than 6K miles in the last four years; it also means you will likely hit your time limit of roughly ten years on the timing belt before you hit your mileage limit; something to keep in mind.
+ Just like 99% of all 100 Series ‘Cruisers, this has the exhaust manifold tick at cold startup; it disappears once the engine is warmed up
+ Buzzing/fuzzy sound from front speaker/subwoofer area when audio system is on
+ Navigation maps are outdated
+ Speedo and MPG reading are off due to larger tire size
+ Small booboo on passenger side front fender edge that was not fully fixed right
+ Some Arizona pinstriping
+ Factory trailer hitch has female plug but missing the male plug/wiring harness to run to your trailer
+ Rear bumper cover has wear/tear and clear coat is dull/faded
+ Side moldings are slightly faded and have nicks and scratches in spots
+ Driver’s side mirror has about five small chips in the glass
+ Rock chip damage on front grille and paint-matched panels just below headlights
+ Paint has worn through on passenger side A-pillar where snorkel arm is held in place by rare earth magnets; but this beats the alternative: rivets
+ Lower mounting stud for driver's side rear shock absorber has some plastic deformation (curves slightly upwards) making it challenging to remove the shock; doable with puller, but definitely challenging; however, you should get plenty of miles out of the new Ironman 4x4 suspension meaning you won't need to wrestle with this for many years
+ Battery corrosion had eaten away some of the paint underneath the battery tray; I ground down the damaged spots and repainted the affected area; I have pictures of the process.
+ Undercarriage isn’t the prettiest, but it is 99% rust-free; I used Krud Kutter The Must for Rust on some surfaces and because it contains phosphoric acid, this resulted in a whitish appearance and dulled the black finish after application.
+ At the time of the windshield replacement, it was determined that there was severe rust around the windshield frame; this is common due to TOYOTA’s design using rivets. We spent $1,177.90 to have Caliber Collision chase down and grind away all of the rust and then professionally paint match everything to look as good as new. The windshield now has plastic rivets which will not rust. I have a detailed receipt and several pictures of Caliber’s work. This can be considered fully addressed at this time.

My selling price is $25,000 firm. If you know Cruisers and you take the time to read and understand all the work that has been put into this vehicle, you’ll agree this is a fair price for both of us.

Numerous additional pictures available upon request.

IMG-7832.jpg

IMG-7587.jpg

IMG-7804.jpg

IMG-7831.jpg

IMG-7810.jpg

Last edited:
Moar pics

IMG-7822.jpg

IMG-7807.jpg

IMG-7812.jpg

IMG-7835.jpg

IMG-7840.jpg

Even moar pics

IMG-7813.jpg

IMG-7839.jpg

IMG-7814.jpg

IMG-7819.jpg

IMG-7815.jpg

Even moar pics

IMG-7816.jpg

IMG-7842.jpg

IMG-7836.jpg

IMG-7847.jpg

IMG-7858.jpg

Even moar pics

IMG-7850.jpg

IMG-7589.jpg

IMG-7824.jpg

IMG-7826.jpg

IMG-7811.jpg

Last edited:
Gem of a truck with all the baselining already done! Next owner will be very lucky!

GLWS!

Tempting. Especially since it’s Thunderbuddy Metallic (I’ve got the same truck). I’m looking for one for my daughter who turns 16 in a week. But not sure she needs a built 100.

I might end up giving her my wife’s 06 LX and get my wife a 200.

Free bump. Nice truck. GLWS. Not that you’ll need it.

Sale pending remaining balance. See OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom