Getting some service at 187k. What else would you do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all, I love this place. From 40, 100, and now 200 tech info- it is where I go 1st- no question. Thank you guys. Once I earn it I will chime in too.

I have a new to me 09 w/187 on the dial. The maintenance was pretty darn good. All Lexus and Toyota every 5k. Really no issues and I got it a bit over wholesale.

Doing my research I checked the radiator, starter, AHC, and tower stuff. I have a Tundra with the 5.7 as well.

I have a pretty good guy at my local Toyota dealership who knows the AHC stuff and has helped me save bucks on my old 4.7 stuff. I trust him.

I am going to have him swap AHC fluid, PS fluid, and flush the radiator which looks new but isn't in the service records. Diffs and x-fer case look to have been serviced maybe about 40k ago.

The blimp runs great other than running it out of gas on a fly fishing trip last week. Then overfilling and getting the VSC bs I know so well with Toyotas. All good now.

Considering what I'm going to have them do, what else am I not thinking of at 187k? Thanks in advance. AND my AHC lines are clean and it works great. Just preventative.

I wouldn’t flush coolant if the core looks ok from the filler neck, just dump as much as possible and refill with fresh stuff. Anything you flush with will leave a little and dilute your final product.. the rear heat lines are particularly difficult to clear out but that volume of old coolant won’t cause problems.

Check heater T condition at that mileage. They may be perfect (like mine at 185k), or ready to grenade (some people’s went before 150)

Beyond that I’d just get under the vehicle and monitor things. Sounds like it has been pampered so far which sets you up in a good place.

If t-case and diff's were done over 40K ago I'd go ahead and put them on the list again. Any word on when the starter, alternator, and water pump were done? How old are the brakes and how do they look?

Def all the big ones mentioned, and if i really wanted to spend the money, a suspension refresh too.
(Shocks, coils, upper and lower joints, maybe sway bushings front and rear, and globes)

There is also spark plugs, coils and some easy to access sensors while you are in there that are not a horrible idea.

I am going to do the suspension stuff myself as needed. Was going to do the AHC bleed but the guy said he could do it while doing the others. I need brakes, but will do that myself as well. Rears are new. `

Starter is unknown. Alternator is newish. And water pump is on the list to check.

Plugs and coils will be done soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom