Getting Ready to Head Across Country (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I'm getting ready to head across a country in the fire truck, any recommendations on what all I should change out for this long journey? Pretty much all I have done is changed the oil. It's a 1994 BU73

IMG_0101.jpeg

I would check the basics:
- Make sure the coolant is new and there are no leaks
- Check the Fan/alternator belts
- Check condition and level of transmission and axle fluids (probably wouldn’t hurt to just replace it)

My G-Wagen and all the running JDM Toyotas I’ve bought I drove 300-600 miles home. The only time I had an issue was when the alternator in the Hilux failed outside of Seattle. It was still able to drive all the way home to Montana, just had to wait in Spokane so we didn’t drive at night.

These vehicles were robustly designed and built, just take your time and drive within its capabilities and you’ll be fine. Happy travels!

Well I'm getting ready to head across a country in the fire truck, any recommendations on what all I should change out for this long journey? Pretty much all I have done is changed the oil. It's a 1994 BU73

View attachment 2768267
How are the tires ?
My fire engine looks like has a leak from nowhere on the left front side.
This truck has tires with tubes. Not fun at all.
Well, enjoy the trip and soon I will be on the road too 👍

Last edited:
Fuel filter. Oil. Coolant. Drive belts. Batteries.

Dynas are like Landcruisers in terms of reliability. They are tough vehicles and are often used in the same hostile places as Landcruisers are. The early Dynas are reputed to have been built on a 55 series chassis. A road trip is a yawn for a Dyna.

1629854768164.png

Dynas are like Landcruisers in terms of reliability. They are tough vehicles and are often used in the same hostile places as Landcruisers are. The early Dynas are reputed to have been built on a 55 series chassis. A road trip is a yawn for a Dyna.

View attachment 2768524
Did yours used to have duellies in the back? I love the look with 4 big tires.

No, I had single skinnies and 2wd and 5R engine. But If I let the tyres down it would go through soft sand fairly well.

It wasnt a custom build. It was for carrying cement mixers, shovels and wheel barrows. Off roading was for getting into housing estates:)

And rear axle pics and the transfer case pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom