Getting closer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting closer to making the next meeting. I fired up my SBC 350 for the first time today after about 10 months of restomod work. I hope to drive my 40 u and make the next meeting or maybe the one after that.

YouTube - FJ40 Start1

Nick

Nick,

Engine sounds great. Very nice work on your build.

Charles

Thanks a bunch charles. Hope to get it driveable in the next couple weeks. I have my driveshafts being made right now in Hurst. Get my brake lines run and steering done and ....

Nick

Hey Nick. We are twins apparently. Sounds IDENTICAL to mine, actually. I used same manifolds. Adding Y pipe and exhaust next week. All brake lines went in this week, just need "T" fittings to finish hooking up the braided caliper lines and bolt on calipers then add prop valve, fill and bleed system. Driveshafts are done and ready to go in. Hooked up throttle pedal and cable today. Also hooked up clutch pedal to new master cylinder.

My paint, leaves somewhat to be desired............hence the name "Frankenstein". You'll see when you come by the shop.

Hey Nick. We are twins apparently. Sounds IDENTICAL to mine, actually. I used same manifolds. Adding Y pipe and exhaust next week. All brake lines went in this week, just need "T" fittings to finish hooking up the braided caliper lines and bolt on calipers then add prop valve, fill and bleed system. Driveshafts are done and ready to go in. Hooked up throttle pedal and cable today. Also hooked up clutch pedal to new master cylinder.

My paint, leaves somewhat to be desired............hence the name "Frankenstein". You'll see when you come by the shop.

Can't wait to see it. I'm anxious to see your crossover. I'm trying to figure out a way to get my downey pedal assembly to attach to my 90's model throttle body.

Congrats on the fire up!!! I remember the day I fired up the 350 in my 40. That was a great day!

Congrats on the fire up!!! I remember the day I fired up the 350 in my 40. That was a great day!

Indeed! That was a great day. I should pick up my driveshaft Friday. Getting close!

:popcorn:

Use a spectre universal throttle cable kit. Ala Pep Boys, vatoZone etc, Comes with everything you need buy it and you will see how it all goes in.

Use a spectre universal throttle cable kit. Ala Pep Boys, vatoZone etc, Comes with everything you need buy it and you will see how it all goes in.

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it fits. Thanks a bunch!

Nick

I got to see Nick's work last week. I'm no FJ40 expert, but that thing is impressive! I hope to be able to keep up with him when the Granbury delegates finally make an appearance in Dallas at a monthly meeting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom