Getting a Gen 4 Tacoma TRD Offroad to add to the stable (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I reserved a 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad in Bronze Oxide. That is a real popular color with not a lot of supply in the Premium trim I wanted.

It has a build date of May 29th with an estimated delivery of July 5th.

I drove a non Hybrid Offroad and decided that was more than enough power for me. I really liked the way it handled. Even my wife was happy with it. I wanted to make sure there would be no regrets.

Yes I will be keeping the 200 as my primary wheeling and towing rig, but you may see me on the trail with this one day to see how it does.

1711307430738.png

Interesting that the non Hybrid 2024 Tacoma has more horsepower, similar torque and the same towing capacity as the 100 series Land Cruiser. Obviously not as much as the 200

I haven't driven the Hybrid version, but the non Hybrid had more than enough power for me

200 series 381 HP 401 Tq

2024 Tacoma
non Hybrid 278 HP, 317 Tq
Hybrid 326HP 465 tq"

100 series 235 HP 320 tq

No interest in waiting on the Trailhunter Ken? Debating and waiting to see, feel and hopefully test drive the new Landcruiser, GX550 and one of 3 Tacomas - Pro, Trailhunter and Offroad. Landcruiser and GX550 are showing up at dealers now in Socal along with the Tacoma Offroad.

No interest in waiting on the Trailhunter Ken? Debating and waiting to see, feel and hopefully test drive the new Landcruiser, GX550 and one of 3 Tacomas - Pro, Trailhunter and Offroad. Landcruiser and GX550 are showing up at dealers now in Socal along with the Tacoma Offroad.
The trailhunter is cool. It has the Hybrid and after driving one I don't see the need for the Hybrid. The Hybrid also takes up the small storage under the rear seat and lowers the towing range to 6000 lbs. Very cool truck. Who knows what the cost will be. Guesses are 10K and for that I can build up the ORD exactly how I would want it. The ORD I am getting is set up withe everything I need to drive, occasionally Offroad and tow if needed.

The 250 with the Hybrid can only tow 6000 pounds so it would be the GX550 Overtrail for me. But that would be a replacement for the 200 where the Tacoma is in addition to the 200. My 200 is sitting at 98K miles is set up exactly how I want it and I don't see a need right now to swap it out for a newer younger model :)

The Tacoma will essentially be my daily driver and I don't drive a lot since retired

I drive a mile each way to the golf course being retired too! Will absolutely drive the offroad and GX. Don't know if anything but the 1958 Landcruiser is at dealers. $78k for it vs $81k for the GX. I'd take the GX. Saving $25k on the Tacoma is tempting too. Likely the last vehicle I'll buy.

Well, I've found the Tacoma Offroad configured with what I want. Build is scheduled for late May in Toyota's Baja plant. It'll be quick transport to south Orange county from there, so I should get early to mid June! No stupid Predator footsteps either!!😁 Caliraised already has their 2024 sliders available.

Don't know if anything but the 1958 Landcruiser is at dealers. $78k for it vs $81k for the GX.
Are saying you’ve seen 1958s at dealers for $78,000??? MSRP is $55,000…

I saw the new Tacoma OR in person yesterday. It didn’t blow my hair back (what’s left of it). It looks like a great little truck, but the exterior styling is going to take some getting used to.

Are saying you’ve seen 1958s at dealers for $78,000??? MSRP is $55,000…

I saw the new Tacoma OR in person yesterday. It didn’t blow my hair back (what’s left of it). It looks like a great little truck, but the exterior styling is going to take some getting used to.
Limited edition was $77k.

I've only seen and driven the Sport. Don't care for the hood scoop on the Sport and glad the OR doesn't have it.

Yeah, I’m not a hood scoop guy either. It’s the automotive equivalent of the 3 buttons undone and multiple gold chains on a “man”.:moon:

Well...Trailhunter is at 64,500 out the door plus tax of course. I've waited over a year for it and the iMAX hybrid, so I took my name off the white TRD Offroad and on the waitlist for a white Trailhunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom