Gen 4 4Runner Newbi question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, new to 4runners, but not Toyotas. Have owned several Land Cruisers and a couple cars over the years.

I picked up an 03 sport, 6cyl, 4x4. And I can't figure out how to shut off the traction control. There is a light on the dash when I start it "DSC OFF", but there is no button that I can find. I think it should be to the left of the steering wheel, but all I have there is the center diff lock button, and 3 other blank rectangles.

Is there another place to look? Or another way to shut it off??

Thanks
James

When you switch it into low range does it shut off?

When you switch it into low range does it shut off?

It will but if your driving through snow, mud or sand you probably want to be in 4hi so your wheels can spin faster.

We had complaints at the dealer of people not being able to get up their driveway when it snowed because of the trac system. Kills the throttle and used the brakes.

I would Log in to T4R.org for more info,@CRSHR have a good point about driving on snow. This one of the reasons why i cant get rid of my 99 T4R. i was considering of getting a V8 4th Gen. but still up in the air at this time if i will get one i just might end up getting an LX 470.

We have owned 5 4runners so far. 1st, 2nd,3rd, and now an 05 4th gen. So far I like the 4th gen best. Lots of pickup compared to our 2000 3rd gen. Better towing capacity and a little more spacious. Don't get me wrong the 3rd gen was a work horse and I would have no problem getting another.

Wifes ride
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451864009.407927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom