Gears, Tacoma on 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive got the 6" Fabtech lift on my 04 Taco doublecab. Ive got 35" Buckshots on 16" moto metal wheels. I just ordered and ARB bull bar with a winch on the way. I weekend wheel with my buddies and i was interested in new gears to push the tires and to be easier on the transmission. Any information on what size gears and labor costs exc. would be appreciatied.

Last edited:
i did 4.88's
500 for a yukon 4.88 geared rear e-locked third, 300 for a r&r as the pinion bearings had some issues. 425 for the front gears and setup kit plus 150 labor to set them up. I pulled and installed the thirds myself. plus some more for the e-locker harness, extended studs and misc other stuff.

If you have a V6 go with 4.88's and 5.29's for the 4cyl. I have 4.56's in my V6, 5spd with 33's and have a bit more power than stock. ...Steve

Did the 4.88's give you better gas and power?

alot more power, not sure about gas mileage, I have driven all city lately and its 200 miles for 14 gallons.
i was getting 21-22 mpg with the 4.10's all hwy loaded with the roof rack, multiple tanks on a trip (like 7 tanks in a row) im not making it up, i was blown away... doing 60-65 though, no fast driving.

4.88s and 36s kept my T100 (3.4 l) at pretty close to the same mileage. I can still get 20 out of it on the highway, but it's down to about 16 around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom