gauging interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone Steve and I checked out this pig today its a 1970 3 on the tree. Its been sitting in a field next to this dudes house for several years. We got the connection from another guy in our club though so we went and talked to him today. Anyway the point of this thread is to see if there interest in any parts that we dont want. If we can sell some of the stuff we dont want it would make it even more feasible for us though. Things we are planning on taking : hood, tranny hump, drip rails, passenger side rear wheel well, driver side fender (I think that was it) anything else would be fair game if you want it. So post up if theres stuff you want or questions about stuff that can't be seen and I'll try and answer them. We'll give this a couple days just to see if theres interest to help with our decision. Thanks

Last edited:
are those fog lights OE?

Jeffrey,

Those fog lights are not OE (I'm Steve, the other guy who looked at the Pig w/ Richard) but Richard and I both said they look pretty nice as they are. One is clear and one yellow.

ETA:

And...I also call dibs on the radiator, head lights, side vents on front fenders (if that is what you call them), and one knob off of a heat switch unless someone else needs them more.

Last edited:
Not OE just some generic lights, if they were OE I'd have claimed them and put them up in the for sale section.

I didnt notice the fuse block for Terry who just started a thread asking for one although judging from the other interior dash area stuff I'd say its probably fine.

I'd say the best stuff on there that we dont want would be axles, tranny and t-case, column shift linkage (for a resto in early models), glass, tailgate skin (appeared good except for the small rust in bottom corners and a bend caused by overloading), potentially the seats once we get all the stuff off them to see, dash components, heaters, marker lights on the sides and rear lights, the doors all seemed solid, dash pad maybe, driveshafts. Theres a reasonable amount of stuff worth stripping.

Last edited:
I didnt notice the fuse block for Terry who just started a thread asking for one although judging from the other interior dash area stuff I'd say its probably fine.

The fuse block is under the hood. They mount flush against the inner fender. in the engine bay. I have a later one that has wires comming in to the back. I can mount them side by side and have one for stock wires and one for accessories.
My lights are dim, my whipers move slow, and Im blowing fusees more offten than I think is normal

Terry

The fuse block is under the hood. They mount flush against the inner fender. in the engine bay. I have a later one that has wires comming in to the back. I can mount them side by side and have one for stock wires and one for accessories.
My lights are dim, my whipers move slow, and Im blowing fusees more offten than I think is normal

Terry

Terry - I saw it there today - it was missing a few fuses - but that's all I remember.

Terry - I saw it there today - it was missing a few fuses - but that's all I remember.[/QUOTE]

let me know if it available. a pic would be nice.

Terry

Terry, didnt realize the fuse block moved into the cabin in 71 thought it was always there, learn something new every day.

Danno, you cant see it well in the third pic but they are both a little dented up and the left one is pretty rusted out I think the right may have been as well.

I'd be interested in the driver's side tail light lens and the tailgate handle, if both are unbroken. :)

are you sure its too far gone? pictures look like its pretty straight.

I mean parting it out is kind of drastic:)

Its in much better shape than the one I drove all day. :rolleyes:

Clemson I think I remember you saying last year that you wanted to do a stocker some day...

But seriously theres more than a few projects in their early stages going on right now. as these progress there are going to be lots of parts needed. maybe the owner will let you just pick and pull as needed, is it nearby?

seems like everyday someone is trying to get rid of a running 2F, might not be too hard to get it going. And dont forget ...:pig: they don't make these anymore.

I'm pretty sure this pig is carrying an organ donor card... somewhere in the pile of **** in the cargo bay. :D

You are right David...I saw the organ donor card while I was there and thought it my responsibility to honor this Piggie's wishes.

The right front fender is pretty crunched up, w/ holes and some THICK bondo.

It originally had a F, the F died, and a Ford 302 was installed which is still there but will be pulled before the Piggie is ours.

I think the driver's tail light lens is OK but there is not a tailgate handle - hasn't been for at least 20 years.

I would still like to see what they look like when it is unloaded. They are dented, but look far better than the ones I have. Let me know.
Also would be interested in the floor mats if they are in good shape.
Danno

I would still like to see what they look like when it is unloaded. They are dented, but look far better than the ones I have. Let me know.
Also would be interested in the floor mats if they are in good shape.
Danno

I'm not holding my breath on there being floor mats but on my personal Pig I am going to be rhino-lining my interior so I might not need my mats...I will know in about a month.

I'm still interested in just the driver's tail light lens, so if you end up picking up the pig, please let me know. I'd much rather give you guys my money than Sphincter Off-Road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom