Gary's Vt Run- Sept. 7-8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On Saturday we will hit 3 roads, we are going to travel some distance, so we will need to leave at 9 am from my house. These roads are a little harder. Vehicle requirements- Road legal, 35's , at least one locker, winch, sliders and a CB would be nice. Only room for 10 rigs. Right now we have;
Gary
Bob
Josh (Vtrocker)
Lane
Scrowley
Rick

I have a lean to on the top of the hill that sleeps 4 and room for plenty of tents (primitive) or there are camping areas nearby

On Sunday there are a few options. I am thinking Claremont- Newport area and done by 2-3 pm.

Last edited:
Hey Gary I am interested but my rig isn't the greatest on the road, how much actual road driving will there be?
Tom

about 20 miles of 35 mph dirt roads and 25 miles of state highways. We will be going through a couple of villages, so you should be pretty "legal"

I'm in. Where there be anywhere to sleep in the back of my rig on Friday? Kind of a long drive from ct. to be up there and ready to leave for 9. Sounds like a good time. Thanks

What are the trails like?
So we will be driving 45 miles to get to the trail head? So about an hour drive?
Any room for trailers?

I'm in. Where there be anywhere to sleep in the back of my rig on Friday? Kind of a long drive from ct. to be up there and ready to leave for 9. Sounds like a good time. Thanks
Plenty of room at my place Friday night

So we will be driving 45 miles to get to the trail head? So about an hour drive?
Any room for trailers?

Not driving 45 miles to the trailhead. 45 miles total on paved roads. We will do a class 4 road, then some pavement then another . Hope to do at least 3 and maybe 4 class 4 roads.(Vt class 4 is like NH class 6). Trailering does not work

Sounds good on the camping for friday night. Thanks. The drive is a lot less than I thought for me. Only 2.5 hrs.

I think Wrench might have ment parking for his trailer at your place and he would drive from there. I followed him on the way back from a run and it looked like his 80 on 40"s drove damn good on the street.

Any room for trailers?

Sorry for the confusion on my part. yes you can park your trailer at my house. As for the trails, pretty easy for your rig.

Hi Gary! Albeit brief, good to see you on Friday.

Dee and I are looking forward to wheeling with you again this year, but can only make a Sunday run. (have a wedding 07Sept)

Sorry Gary, we are out for 08Sep., blew engine in RRC: slipped sleeve, over-heated, blew HG..... Shopping for junk yard engine but doubt I can get it in in time. Hopefully for FG.

Lookin forward to this! What time is good for Friday Gary?

Hopefully will have the 80 ready to go.... Got a bunch of PM leaky stuff done in the last week. Driver's side birf is clicking... Need to either order a used unit from Slee, swap sides for now, or pony up for some longfields..... Hmm.....

Hopefully that's all it needs. Tearing into it tomorrow night and will check for wear. It is a trail truck. Would rather upgrade/replace possible future failure items rather than prolong the inevitable.

Hope you get all your wrenching done Josh. Sounds like it outing will be a good time. The only downside to the longs I am aware of is they wear faster than oem and more $. I would try to source a used one at least for now. Then you just have to do one side.

And then in the near future I am sure you will have longs, gears, marlin tcase gears and you know....whatever else is out there. Yota Addicts...

Thanks dude. As far as longfield wear is concerned... I've put 8k on the Odo in two years... And the "plan" is to have it on a trailer full time (along with a drastic weight loss program) in the next 2. But after such discussion and the wheeling season quickly (boo) coming to an end, i think a repack/OEM replace (or spare on hand) makes the most sense. Anyway, it'll be good to go for a southern VT run!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom