Garage door repair company (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
My torsion spring broke yesterday. Anyone have a recommendation for a good garage door company for the repair?

I'm in north Scottsdale.

Thanks

F16BD6AF-0515-4E0D-ABB7-B8E1E20EEA2A.jpeg

If you want more quotes, here's another option (see pic below). We've used twice, once for the the same issue you have (cannot recall cost).
PXL_20230311_042107073.jpg

Thanks for the referrals!

I called Pacific and they were very up front that they couldn't get to it until Monday. Lodi is coming out Saturday morning.

I'm going to need two garage doors on a new garage, so I'll keep these in mind for quotes on that job.

Hey, @Otter I had to do the same at the end of last month and opted to do both springs. Theyre a matched set and over time, they get fatigued and then sheer. After taking a close look at it, this I'd a job I'm willing to pay someone else to do given the risk involved, which is substantial.

I think I was in for about $600 for 2× torsion springs installed, tracks cleaned, he straightened up the hinges on the door segments which quieted things down considerably, and then installed a new bottom edge seal. I felt like it was a good price, and watching him work the torsion spring tension was enlightening. He set it a bit high so when the springs break in, it will be perfect.

Everybody has a horror story, and one of my wife's extended family lost control of the tension rod and lost an eye trying to do it himself. Even the installer told me their competition broke his forearm recently, and had to close the business due to ongoing issues with his arm.

In the grand scheme of things, $1k is still a good deal to know its done right, with a warranty, and without any injuries to yourself. We went with Anthem Garage Doors 4 Less, but they're valley-wide and fast. The installers truck bed was FULL of torsion springs of every type. Take care,

Last edited:
Hey, @Otter I had to do the same at the end of last month and opted to do both springs. Theyre a matched set and over time, they get fatigued and then sheer. After taking a close look at it, this I'd a job I'm willing to pay someone else to do given the risk involved, which is substantial.

I think I was in for about $600 for 2× torsion springs installed, tracks cleaned, he straightened up the hinges on the door segments which quieted things down considerably, and then installed a new bottom edge seal. I felt like it was a good price, and watching him work the torsion spring tension was enlightening. He set it a bit high so when the springs break in, it will be perfect.

Everybody has a horror story, and one of my wife's extended family lost control of the tension rod and lost an eye trying to do it himself. Even the installer told me their competition broke his forearm recently, and had to close the business due to ongoing issues with his arm.

In the grand scheme of things, $1k is still a good deal to know its done right, with a warranty, and without any injuries to yourself. We went with Anthem Garage Doors, but they're valley-wide and fast. The installers truck bed was FULL of torsion springs of every type. Take care,

By the address on the sticker Abigail posted it was Smokies in the west valley that did mine a few years back. Don't remember being anywhere near $600. Gave me a tip to spray lube on the springs. Made sense since it is twisting against itself not expanding apart. Also told me why my garage remote wasn't working to close door. Didn't realize LED lights interfere with the signal. Changed them with cheap incandescent lamps and works fine..

Reverting to mention; the installer put emphasis on spraying a lithium type grease all over the torsion springs trying for full coverage. When I asked about it, he said the binding of the coils onto themselves is what eventually creates fatigue cracks and breaks the coils.

Seems like spraying them down once a year might help with that and keep them lubricated. Not knowing much about coil springs, I'd never seen them get oiled before, but it makes sense given how these torque up onto themselves.

In the grand scheme of things, $1k is still a good deal to know its done right, with a warranty, and without any injuries to yourself. We went with Anthem Garage Doors 4 Less, but they're valley-wide and fast. The installers truck bed was FULL of torsion springs of every type. Take care,
I did garage doors for 12 years. Are you saying you paid $1000 dollars for a Spring Repair?

I typed; "...I think I was in for about $600 for 2× torsion springs installed, tracks cleaned, he straightened up the hinges on the door segments which quieted things down considerably, and then installed a new bottom edge seal."

Otter was looking for recent quotes for similar repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom