Gaberelli's M101 CDN Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And we are off. We leave tomorrow morning for the trailer's inaugural voyage from Mondovi, WI to Chamberlain, SD to Sundance, WY to Jackson Hole, WY to Wilsall, MT to Great Falls, MT to Libby, MT to Bozeman, MT to Belfield, ND to St. Cloud, MN and back home. It will be quite a trip with a six year old lab and a six month old Newfoundland mix!!

Without the trailer it wouldn't be possible. I didn't get everything I wanted finished, but the trailer is in good condition. I still don't have a spare mounted, so I am bringing the spidertrax spacers to use if I need to use the vehicle's spare on the trailer. Nothing fancy, but it will do the trick.

I will be sure to post some pics of the journey.

:clap::clap::bounce::bounce2::clap::clap:

Enjoy. If your maiden voyage is have as fun as my inaugural weekend with the trailer, you'll have a blast. Looking forward to your pics and impressions!!! :cheers:

Sounds like the kind of trip I'd like to do. Looking forward to a report on how the trailer fared. Have fun!

We are at a friend's house in Great Falls, MT. First shower in a week! I unloaded the camera, and here are some of the pics of the trailer in action.

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

And a little trailerless off-roading. The picture doesn't do this trail justice to a primitive camp site in the river. It was so steep I actually regretted going down after we started back up. Center diff locked in low with ATRAC just a whining we made it up. Without ATRAC or lockers we would have been looking for help :doh:

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

Glad you had fun and the trailer worked as expected!!

:beer:

Pat

And a little trailerless off-roading. The picture doesn't do this trail justice to a primitive camp site in the river. It was so steep I actually regretted going down after we started back up. Center diff locked in low with ATRAC just a whining we made it up. Without ATRAC or lockers we would have been looking for help :doh:

Or just aired down. :meh:

Nice pics. The trailer came out nice.

Wonderful pics!

How do you like that SUV tent? What is the brand? Is it water tight around the hatch? How about wind resistance?

I was thinking of something like this to complement the Ranger trailer with fiberglass cap.

Thanks!

nice to see your dogs traveling in crates. do you have to keep the back seat folded down to accomodate the length?

ps: don't forget to cross the tow-chains underneath the tongue. This serves as a cradle to catch the tongue if the hitch were to let go.

How do you like that SUV tent? What is the brand? Is it water tight around the hatch? How about wind resistance?

I was thinking of something like this to complement the Ranger trailer with fiberglass cap.

Thanks!

Well. Just got back. We were really lucky about rain. 9 days on the road and totally dry til last night in North Dakota when it POURED!!! The tent is from Cabela's and it held up really well. No leaks, not even from the hatch area. The chute that attaches to the vehicle is elastic in parts and has a tensioning system whereby you can really tighten it up.

nice to see your dogs traveling in crates. do you have to keep the back seat folded down to accomodate the length?

ps: don't forget to cross the tow-chains underneath the tongue. This serves as a cradle to catch the tongue if the hitch were to let go.

The crates are Midwest Double SUV crates. They are made to fit side by side in a narrow SUV like the 4Runner. They are 21" wide. Both dogs are BIG dogs, so I went with the 42" long by 30" tall model. This way they can still stretch out. The rear seats do need to be folded down though. It worked great for us as the dogs are our kids! My wife made the beds but the little black puppy can't be trusted with fabric, so he got the plastic cover on his.

IMG_2968.jpg

Thanks for the tip on the chains BTW.

Last edited:
Tongue box installed

Got the tongue box installed finally. I had bought this at Harbor Freight before our last trip but didn't have time to put it on. It is a pretty nice box and only cost $99. Tools and such will go in there for now. Later it will be used for housing electrical and battery.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Nice touch!

Fits perfect!

Wire that baby up now and stop slackin' off!

:hillbilly:

:clap::clap::bounce::bounce2::clap::clap:

Enjoy. If your maiden voyage is have as fun as my inaugural weekend with the trailer, you'll have a blast. Looking forward to your pics and impressions!!! :cheers:
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say your M101 is one of the cleanest builds I have seen. I am currently building out one and its nice to see what the end result can be. Well Done! I hope you still have it :)

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say your M101 is one of the cleanest builds I have seen. I am currently building out one and its nice to see what the end result can be. Well Done! I hope you still have it :)

Hey! If this was directed at me, yes, I still have it. Now that we live in NC and visit MN/WI once a year, it serves a nice purpose of letting haul all sort of gear for the month back in summer! :) I bought a RTT for it then sold it. I think ground camping is best for our fam of 4. Next thing will be either an offroad popup or something like that if we need more space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom