Fzj80 oxygen sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening everyone,
I placed my 96 fzj80 on the emissions analysis machine at my mate's shop and i thought i had a beautiful running truck. However she is running rich at 13.8 AFR and blowing emissions like an old school v8. My friend said 'we'll put it up on the hoist and backprobe the o2 sensor' well it turns out the Previous owner put on a set of extractors but also removed the catalytic converter and also removed the o2 sensor. So no wonder it was running rich and spewing hydrocarbons out the wazoo. Anyway so i bought a new bosch style o2 sensor and it has 2 white heater wires, 1 grey wire and 1 black wire. However instead of my truck having a female plug at the harness it's got a 4 plug male and the colours of those wires don't match up at all to anything ive found on here or the net.

The colours are
Green w/ orange stripe
Red
Blue
Black w/ yellow stripe.

I know the green/orange=12v

But my multi meter just shows 0.006v - 0.008v on all the other wires.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as its not a good idea to run without an o2 sensor at least. Thanking you.
Adam

1552557373869224467110.jpg

1552557466611492626530.jpg

1552557494485960960432.jpg

Not to sound like a jackass but are you sure you have the correct plug on the harness side? I just looked at an old O2 sensor I have and it’s a male end. My cruiser isn’t with me at the moment or I’d check the connections. From your pic it looks like there are multiple plugs there.

Not to sound like a jackass but are you sure you have the correct plug on the harness side? I just looked at an old O2 sensor I have and it’s a male end. My cruiser isn’t with me at the moment or I’d check the connections. From your pic it looks like there are multiple plugs there.
You don't sound like a jackass mate, any information is extremely helpful :)

The other plugs in the pictures are a round type plug and a smaller 6 pin square plug. All the other posts ive seen is that there is a female plug on the harness side and a male on the o2 sensor. I'm thinking more and more the Previous owner did something pretty dodgy.

Thankyou kindly for replying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom