FZJ tune up time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I 've searched earlier posts. Still a couple questions though...
Which oil OEM filter is the one that keeps the oil in the filter after shut down for an FZJ?

Which spark plugs, and size ( sorry don't want to start confrontation here) OEM do you guys reccomend are for the FZJ?

Should I stay with 10 -30 oil?

Thanks much...

Pat,

The prefered oil filters are 15600-41010 (large) or 90915-20004 (small).

The correct spark plug is 90919-01176 unless you have a forced-induction motor, in which case the 90919-01180 is a better choice.

In reference to the prefered oil, you have exposed a whole new can-o-worms.

TMS USA originally listed 10w-30 as the recommended oil and in later years switched to 5w-30. In other markets the listings also include oils with heavier weights. I believe that the lighter weight oils recommended here (US) stem from fuel economy goals.

In my personal vehicle (forced induction 1FZ-FE) I run Valvoline 15w-40 All-fleet.
Many of the members run synthetic oils, most prefer Mobile1 of various weights.

Motor oil preference tends to be like a$$holes, we all have one and they all stink.

D-

it's also a good time to walk around your truck at dusk and look at all the lights to see if any bulbs are out.

Hey Cbag :D, any possibility that the interior door lights or dome lights (you know the ones we replaced with George's LED's) are the same bulb as the liscense plate bulbs? On a beater of course. :flipoff2: :D

They are not the same.
-B-

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8427;start=msg71569#msg71569 date=1070603091]
it's also a good time to walk around your truck at dusk and look at all the lights to see if any bulbs are out.

[/quote]

True... :flipoff2:

Just did all of my lights, and installed the Aust side blinkers. Replace your 1057 bulbs in the rear with 2057's while your at it. Brighter is better. :D

Thanks very much Dan.
Why is there 2 types ( large and small) of oil filters?
Shortbus, what are Aust side markers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom