Fully Automatic Factory Service Manual (FSM) Downloading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back into town guys... I'm starting from the top down and I'll have all requested packages up within a few minutes.

Peepers,
Any chance you used the TIS system or logged out of it while you were downloading?

That file is dropped when the TIS system rejects your cookie string and things you are logged out.

Wow Nate, this is the best christmas present I think that any of use knucklebusters could have asked for. Thank you so much for your hard work in plotting this out and creating this process.

This was truly selfless, Thank you!:cheers:

Proven, not a problem! I should be paying rent with all the info I learn around here ;)

All else who requested packages... I think I got them all up and in the correct place, but if not feel free to smack me upside the head and let me know.

WARNING!!! I AM A TECHIDIOT:crybaby:

That said, I can be my self now.

For us computerchallengedmudcomers:
1)Get Firefox, I have it.
2) Go to https://techinfo.toyota.com/indexhttps.html and get sub.
3) Pic the Package you want from Part 3 The List. Is this where I click on the area I want (1994 Toyota Landcruiser Repair Manual)
4)Unzip it.
This is the point I get lost/over my head.
I am not knocking the instructions NaterGator gives (I am sure most understand) but I get lost at this point.
Had I did up to #4) I probably be able to finish it.

Kurt,
Grab a copy of WinZip and see if things make more sense.

-----Nate

Has anyone had success using a Mac? Wget has a Mac version I think, but being abit illiterate it seems that I will need to go command line to install using something called Darwin Port? If nobody has tried I will try to be a guinea pig.

2006 Sienna would be nice for us those of us who use the ultimate suburban assault vehicle.

<<<After you have purchased your TIS subscription, you need to download and unzip the "packages" you want.>>>
When you say "packages" is that from the list on the TIS site or from Part 3 on the Mud site?

How is downloading from this site different that just going to TIS and downloading the info I want there?

Kurt,
The downloading from TIS is manual, meaning you would need to select each section of each book and request it to be downloaded (~600 of them)

Nate has automated the download process by building a list of every section of every book/manual. Those are included in the "packages" along with the WGet application, a sample cookie. txt, and a batch file that will be used to do the actual downloads. The packages are compressed and put into a ZIP file. That is what is in Part 3 and why you will need WinZip to extract.

-B-

Kurt,
When I refer to packages I mean the zip files in "The List" my 3rd post. They are "packages" of files compressed together with a directory structure. What you get is everything you need to have all the PDFs downloaded for whatever that "package" was created to get.

For example many of the Repair Manuals have a 800+ PDFs. The files inside the "package" in the list (post 3 here) allow you to automatically download all of the files with a few simple steps. Doing it manually would take hours.

EDIT: -B- is fast ;p

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, NG.

I just wanted to know if I still need to get WGET for this process.

Thanks

wget is included in the "package" for your vehicle. Just follow the instructions step by step and all is well.

Thank you , p8nt

Now if I just get a 24hr sub to TIS and download one manual and want another one later, do I have to resubscribe to TIS?

Yes, unfortunately you do... it is best to get them all in one sitting. Is there something else you need me to run?

Hey Nator,

I am having a hard time getting CocoaWget to work. Your .bat will not work for it. I can easily add all the files to be downloaded, but all I get is errors as I don't know how to give the program the cookie information. Any ideas?

Ross

Thanks for all the help in getting this rolling.

Ross, I must confess I am neither really familiar with Macs nor do I have one handy to try it on, but if you can get to the console and run wget from there, you may have more success.

Since OSX has unix underpinnings I suspect you'll have success converting the batch file to a shell script and running wget from a console, but until I get my hands on a Mac or another member here who is more familiar can step in I'm afraid I can't be of much help :(

Ross, I must confess I am neither really familiar with Macs nor do I have one handy to try it on, but if you can get to the console and run wget from there, you may have more success.

Since OSX has unix underpinnings I suspect you'll have success converting the batch file to a shell script and running wget from a console, but until I get my hands on a Mac or another member here who is more familiar can step in I'm afraid I can't be of much help :(

I can run it on console, but have no idea how to run wget on it. I may have to find a non-GUI form. I have no idea how to convert a batch file to a shell script. I guess that we can put Mac users on hold for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom