Full float rear and e-locker project pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
Almost there. Got this sucker all painted up, cleaned the inside as best as I could, and removed all the old diff studs and replaced with new ones. Installed the diff gasket and e-lock diff and today I received the "switch" that I was trying to find for so long. This sucker is looking sweet. I'm hopin' to be able to work on it all day Saturday and get it under the rig.

First pic--outer is cleaned up and we are test fitting the e-locker diff.

Full float rear project pics

Droppin' it in... One thing to note about droppin' in the diff. Some people grind a bit of the axle housing out at the area where the lock fork is--we didn't. But, when we were dropping this one in, it was giving us some trouble right at that area--it was TIGHT. From now on, I am recommending atleast a bit of grinding there. You use the diff lock specific gasket and you can trace what you need to grind. Also, though this was the rear FF, I remember we had a bit of trouble with the front as well.

Re:Full float rear project pics

Evil little red eyed gay monkey. So...what are you going to put that axle under dude?

Sweet! Back at ya :flipoff2: :D

Must be colder in SLC than we thought, your hands are white...could also explain why your eyes are red :cheers:

Thanks!

And, Oops! Forgot to give out the much needed :beer:MAD PROPS!!!:beer: to Mike B for some kick-booty robot welding and Cody M for back up and some future "computer" making and wiring for the lockers... :D And to all those others who've helped me along my way towards the lockers... :p :'( ::)

Anyway, besides stickin' it under (tomorrow) and wirin' it all up, I still need to come up with some sort of guard/skid plate for the actuator. I get 'em from RORE, but I'm a cheap bastard with a buddy that can weld like a robot... :flipoff2: Then I'll be done. Then, on to the rock sliders, the spare tire carrier and fixing my roof rack...

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom