fuel cell question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i think this is the right section but im putting a fuel cell in my cruiser and i bought a new one of off ebay and he said it had a return fuel line so i could run efi but i got it today and it doesnt have a return line does anyone know how hard or where to put the return line or if i even can

I ran mine in from the bottom with a copper "T" where the return gas would enter the tank and spread out sideways.

From what Tom at Sunray told me, having the fuel return in the top will cause unnecessary problems. He said it is best to come in from the bottom. Don't just return it straight though, when the fuel is low it will not work well.

do you know what cell manuf it was?

I likewise run mine into the bottom of the cell...mine had 2 fittings in the sump

woody said:
do you know what cell manuf it was?

I likewise run mine into the bottom of the cell...mine had 2 fittings in the sump
its a jaz prostreet 22 gallon it has two fitting on is the vent and one is the gas both are on top of t he tank butthe gas has a hose going to the bottom of the tank

30_1_b.JPG

i just added another fitting to the top of my cell. the return just dumps back into it. i have never had an issue with mine set up like this. the return setup like this will only cause issues if it drops in right by the/a pickup. the return fuel pouring in can cause areation right where it is pouring in and if it is sucked into the pickup it will cause issues. i just made sure mine was not close to the pickup.

some of the cells have a vent in the cap and the second fitting is for return.

My cell has a return in the sump next to the pickup bout an 2 inches apart. Mine also has the aeration foam so I would not have to worry about returning fuel causing aeration. I however do not have use of the return so I just plugged it. But I would say if you decide to put an extra opening into the tank be sure to find a way to seal it properly. If your cell has aeration foam then I'd say you could just dump straight back into the top of the tank if not just run a tube down the same way the pickup is done. Good Luck.

Mine came from RCI with a return in the top. Seems to work fine.

Ed

clemson55 said:
My cell has a return in the sump next to the pickup bout an 2 inches apart. Mine also has the aeration foam so I would not have to worry about returning fuel causing aeration. I however do not have use of the return so I just plugged it. But I would say if you decide to put an extra opening into the tank be sure to find a way to seal it properly. If your cell has aeration foam then I'd say you could just dump straight back into the top of the tank if not just run a tube down the same way the pickup is done. Good Luck.
mines got the foam but jaz and several people have said that the foam starts to break down under a year

I've heard that concern on the foam...i've also heard that if you store your cell full of fuel, it "shouldn't" break down...if you consistently store the rig with an empty tank, then the break down process is accellerated.

For that reason, I keep mine full, and haven't had any issue...I also run a pre-pump filter too, just in case.....

woody said:
I've heard that concern on the foam...i've also heard that if you store your cell full of fuel, it "shouldn't" break down...if you consistently store the rig with an empty tank, then the break down process is accellerated.

For that reason, I keep mine full, and haven't had any issue...I also run a pre-pump filter too, just in case.....
the guys at jaz said that if i just run pump gas it might last 2 seasons but they said it should be replaced every year and if im not using it for circle track that i should just take it out

HI^C said:
foam issue? never heard of it.
ive heard it from wheelers and jaz them selves said they break down so id rather just pull it out then mess up my fuel pump and mayube injectors

I hadnt heard that about the foam. Mine has had gas in it once but I emptied it right now to move the cell after that it should be regularly full again though. I will probably add an electric fuel pump soo because on steep hills I was dying out. So I'll add another filter then.

I got a cell from Summit and after one year the welds holding the baffle broke. So then I have the beffle and the foam sloshing around in the tank, with the edge of the baffle tearing the foam into little pieces ideal for plugging up my pre-pump filter :mad: :mad: :mad: Lesson: avoid tanks with foam or remove it

clemson55 said:
No welds in mine its the plastic kind.
mines plastic to but i still took my foam out id rather take it out then have the possibility to screw my pump and everything up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom