FS: Misc 45 parts - SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Out of my 1965 FJ45. The driver seat seems to be correct for the 45, however, I am not sure about the pass seat being correct for the 45. It fit and worked fine, just did not seem to sit right in the truck. MIGHT be from a 40.

Material is soft and NOT dried out. There area few SMALL holes in the top edge and a small hole in the back center section. Shown in the photos.

** SOLD ** Asking $400.00. NO SHIPPING. Will help arrange Mud ship if needed.

Stock 1965 FJ45 front axel, hub to hub including third. Replaced with front disc axel. $100.00 - NO SHIPPING.

Stock 1965 FJ45 steering parts. All removed for PS upgrade.

Column with box - tight - not much play / mount / everything minus steering wheel. $100.00 + shipping

Steering wheel with cracks. $50.00 + shipping.

Shawn

Last edited:
Those seats look to both be out of a 71/72 FJ40. The driver's seat is just bolted to the 65 FJ45 base that bolts to the floor. The driver's seat on a 65 did not lock in the upright position. The main difference on the passenger's side is the back two legs extend further back than a FJ40. The bottom on the 65 FJ45 seat is wider at the front and covers more of the gas tank by the door. Might post a picture of the back of the passenger's seat. That would tell if the seat was modified to fit the 45 or the 45 was modified so the seat would work.

Good to know. I will get some photos of the back.

In '72, did the middle back of the seat have the emissions stuff in there? This one does not as I remember...

Shawn

In '72, did the middle back of the seat have the emissions stuff in there? This one does not as I remember...

Shawn

Yes there were emission parts in There. Only reason that part of the seat was stationary was for the emisssion stuff. Markets that did not require the emissions did not have the split back in the passenger's seat. I have a set of 71 seats the emissions have been gutted. I don't care about the emission stuff just wish I had the panel that covered it.

I MAY have an extra cover from the 72 I used to have.. I will look if you need it.

Shawn, I'm interested in the set of seats if the passenger side mounts line up to my 40 mount holes. You say it could be from a 40, so that's why I'm thinking it would work for me. I have an original drivers side seat, and a later year single fixed back 40 passenger seat, so I'd like to go back to the flip down back to be more correct and have the passenger seats completely bolted down. I'm wondering if I could swap your driver side covers to my existing 1970 driver pads, given they are still original to my rig and really worn out. Better pads and vinyl would be a big improvement over what I'm running now.

Where exactly in So Cal are you located? If you're close, I could bring my 40 by and we could take a look in person, and if it'll work for my situation, then I'd be very interested. Cheers.

Mark

I am in the San Bernardino area. A little bit of a drive from SD.

I **THINK** the covers are from SOR. I got the 45 from Marv, and the seats were in the truck as you seem them.

As for the cover fitting your seat, I **THINK** it would, but best bet would to take a a look at them for yourself as you said.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks!
Shawn

Okay, I'm very interested, but that is a bit too much of a drive in the 40. I do have another car I could take up there that would be big enough to fit the seats. Let me get some measurements of my current passenger bolt holes, and I will send them to you along with some pictures. You can compare to what you have and see if the brackets will line up.

My current passenger seat is a later year, and only 3 of the 4 bracket somewhat line up, so I know they made some changes over the years. I will also take a look at how my driver seat is mounted, and shoot some pictures. If it works out that they are somewhat swappable, then we can proceed. PM me your e-mail address, and we'll work it from there. Cheers.

Mark

More Photos

Here are some more photos of the mounting points. It does look like they were from a 40 originally.

Hope these help for anyone interested.

Shawn

Last edited:
Those seats are not modified, still stock mounts for a 71/72 FJ40. Were those seats installed in the 45? I will do some checking on 40 and 45 seats later today if nothing else I curious about the difference.

Yes, mounted in a 1965 45. Like I said, it did not "seem right" in the 45. I assume this is why.

Shawn

I did some checking and found a few things. These do look to be stock for the 71/72 FJ40. The seat base appears to real close to a FJ45LP-B seat. The difference with the pickup is the bottom cushion section of the seat is all the way forward. So much so the front legs are just welded to the frame and not rounded out like 40 seats. Because the bottom is forward is the reason the legs stick out the back more then the 40 seat. Because of this I'm not sure a FJ40 seat back would go completely upright before hitting the hard top. To get the same leg and even a little more the flat area in front of the gas tank is larger on the 45. At tnis point I would start a thread with a link to this thread because these are true FJ40 that are not modified and in great shape.

Thanks for the help with the seat ID. Seats are sold.

Other stuff still avail.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom