front wheel studs question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm getting ready to replace the two front disc rotors on my 80. I was looking last night at the rotors (DBA), and noticed that the holes for the studs looked threaded. I haven't taken apart anything yet. Are the studs go into these holes pressed or are they supposed to be screwed in?:confused: I haven't seen a LC wheel stud, are they threaded on both ends??:confused:
100_3557.JPG
100_3554.JPG

The wheel studs are attached to the hub. The rotor and hub are bolted together through those holes.

Last edited:
first time I saw that I was dumbfounded, coming from jeep world if you take the wheel and caliper off the rotor will fall on your feet.

If you dont have a torch and plan on servicing the brakes later put a dab of copper anti sieze on those bolts, they will get stuck.

How are those DBA rotors working for you??

first time I saw that I was dumbfounded, coming from jeep world if you take the wheel and caliper off the rotor will fall on your feet.

If you dont have a torch and plan on servicing the brakes later put a dab of copper anti sieze on those bolts, they will get stuck.

How are those DBA rotors working for you??

Just got them, I'll let you know how good or bad are they. By the looks, they look awsome.:cheers:

Last edited:
Frustration

Just got them, I'll let you know how good or bad are they. By the looks, they look awsome.:cheers:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:Worked on the brakes today, to my surprise the rotors I got from MAF were TOO BIG evidently they they sent me the FJZ80 instead of the FJ80. I'm calling them tomorrow to see how they are going to help me. At least I painted the calipers.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

never delt with M-A-F before.
As for as those wheel studs, all the toyota ones I have laying around have a spline on the part that presses into the hub. I believe this is to prevent the stud from turning when tightening, as well as when they rust up and you have to take a lug nut off. Basically preventing rotation. I havent yet seen one that threads into a hub, maby jeeps do it that way.
Funny that me and a friend were kicking around a crazy idea earlier about jeeps. Fixin that I take alot of s*** at work about driving toyotas what if I was to put a wold in sheeps clothing. Chop a fzj80 frame and put a jeep body on it, obcorse this frame would be complete with front and rear lockers, and a 1FZ!!! No one would ever know the difference until they realized that they havent replaced a starter or alternator in over a year.

How is the 3F-E holding up?

3FE is holding up fine, but I prefer the 2F over 3FE. For the broken studs I used generic 12x1.50 studs and a BIG hammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom