Front Skid Plate Replacement (plastic) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spent quite some time looking at threads and couldn't find anything about skid replacements. I need to replace the plastic front skid plate that after almost 200K miles broke at one of the bolts tabs. What's a good replacement that would not cost an arm and a leg??

TIA!!!

Spent quite some time looking at threads and couldn't find anything about skid replacements. I need to replace the plastic front skid plate that after almost 200K miles broke at one of the bolts tabs. What's a good replacement that would not cost an arm and a leg??

TIA!!!
Are you looking to replace with OEM or after market? I have one off my lexus you can have for free of you like? But I have the ASFIR front skid plate on mine now and I love it. I am waiting for them to produce the US version of the remaining skids to do the rest.

I have the ASFIR front skid plate on mine now and I love it. I am waiting for them to produce the US version of the remaining skids to do the rest.
How long have you had your skid plate Espi SERE? Did you have an issues with shipping? Were there any import customs charges and/or taxes? I'm showing $187.00 for the skid plate.

How long have you had your skid plate Espi SERE? Did you have an issues with shipping? Were there any import customs charges and/or taxes? I'm showing $187.00 for the skid plate.
I have had it since May of 19 and no issues with shipping whatsoever. To ship to Norcal my receipt shows $19 for shipping total for me to my door was $191.19

I have had it since May of 19 and no issues with shipping whatsoever. To ship to Norcal my receipt shows $19 for shipping total for me to my door was $191.19
Do you have to remove it for oil and filter service on your 470?

No you do not

15882040159471015365472346307235.jpg

Are you looking to replace with OEM or after market? I have one off my lexus you can have for free of you like? But I have the ASFIR front skid plate on mine now and I love it. I am waiting for them to produce the US version of the remaining skids to do the rest.
Is that the plastic skid plate? the front one? I'm looking at their website right now...thank you so much!!

Is that the plastic skid plate? the front one? I'm looking at their website right now...thank you so much!!
Not plastic, its aluminum. And yes it is the front one.
The front skid plate on my vehicle wasn't plastic. But yes it is the front one. Asfir makes some really good products

15883560677016607414072312961777.jpg

@Espi SERE - do you use a funnel to catch run off when replacing the filter? I've been taking the same Asfir plate off for changes.

Not plastic, its aluminum. And yes it is the front one.

The front skid plate on my vehicle wasn't plastic. But yes it is the front one. Asfir makes some really good products

View attachment 2291725
what's the one that follows that one underneath? I need to replace that one as well. Thank you so much for all of your help!

what's the one that follows that one underneath? I need to replace that one as well. Thank you so much for all of your help!
It would be the gear skid plate and transfer skid plate. The gear skid plate is the one I am waiting on. They are currently designed for the Diesel version and there is a risk of maintenance holes not aligning. It can still work but you will have to make some modifications. There are a couple of conversation threads and installs on here just do a search for ASFIR. I am waiting for ASFIR to make the gear skid for US models before I buy the rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom