Front Runner Rack Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys , still have more parts rolling in for my build , today was Front Runner rack shipped in 2. Boxes , one had plenty of tape the big box of parts and the smaller box had 2 piece of tape shipping form California to Pennsylvania... The box came in open not sure if all the parts are there ... Neither does Front Runner even after sending them photos they could not differentiate whats packed in each box wants me to open all and inventory ... LOL
I even sent them photos of the box in question with the person thank you card who packed it and did not use enough tape .
You would think this would be easy , I’m not installing the rack for a week or so .
Has anyone installed a Front Runner ?
Looks like 2 sets of rails , bolts and instruction in the box in question ...Look like I’m missing anything ?
Looks like the one open spot ?

2D76248E-16F9-48E6-AE0B-038AB89FDE45.jpeg

6E232881-019C-4BE4-B9CF-4345B338380B.jpeg

Does the directions that come with have an itemized list of what should be in there?

I’ve had several issues with FR’s quality control, primarily missing parts/components. They always make it right, but it shouldn’t be happening to begin with.

In your situation, the only way to tell is to compare your hardware to the itemized list in the instructions. If you don’t have a paper copy, I’m fairly certain it’s available on their website.

I said they told me to cut the other box open and inventory .... You would figure would say box 1 and box 2 ... No and they don’t know or could not tell me what’s suppose to be in the small box they did not use enough tape .
I had to run out of my shop for the day , will get back to that tomorrow , just wondering if any one installed one and knew if I am missing anything in the small box , just looks like 2 sets of rails and bolts , but there was space spot .
Thanks
Greg

This is disheartening to hear, as I have plans on ordering a Slimline II rack for my 200. I do hope you have everything, but post up once you have a chance to inventory the boxes. For the amount of money these cost, you'd expect premium packaging.

I just got my Front Runner rack last Wednesday and have it assembled on the garage floor while I wait to take delivery of my LC at the end of the month--this was my second time putting a FR rack together. The reason the Front Runner racks come in two separate boxes is that they have vehicle specific mounting rails and then a variety of platform sizes that work on multiple vehicles--I would assume they do this because it's easier to be able to have a handful of boxes for the platform sizes they offer and then just send it in conjunction with the vehicle specific piece in a different box rather than build a bunch of specialized kits in one big box.

In one box you will have all the parts that make up the platform--edge pieces along with however many slats are required for that specific size rack and the hardware. It looks like your box that came open was the specific Land Cruiser mounting rails; there should be four total pieces (two per side) of those which looks like you have them all. I only remember one bag of hardware in that box, so it looks like you have everything, but the reason Front Runner can't give you an answer is because there are a decent number of parts in that bag. Without you opening it and just sending a picture of a bag in a box they have no way of guaranteeing that it didn't get nicked and something fell out. There should be two joining blocks, 8 mounting channel spacers, probably 30-40 bolts of various sizes, accompanying washers and nuts, finishing caps, etc. You just need to open it and look at everything.

This is disheartening to hear, as I have plans on ordering a Slimline II rack for my 200. I do hope you have everything, but post up once you have a chance to inventory the boxes. For the amount of money these cost, you'd expect premium packaging.
I may be extra lucky, but I have not yet had an issue with any missing hardware or QC issues of the products themselves, but I have had one package show up split open (table of theirs with busted tape). I've ordered racks for 2 different vehicles and probably a variety of 8-10 accessories throughout the years. They are a company run by people, like any other. People can make mistakes, Front Runner has always been responsive to answer questions and I have read over and over that they handle missing parts very easily and promptly. I would agree that they could beef up the amount of tape they put on to protect against shipping problems, but for me I personally believe the issue lies with the carriers. I don't know if the automated lines we use here in the states are rougher than South Africa or what, but almost every single box UPS brings to me is banged up and gouged. If Front Runner would add extra tape I think they'd save themselves a lot of grief, but I also believe if my local hub wasn't manhandling boxes then my stuff would arrive in better condition. I'm also not sure how much of the packaging is handled stateside vs in South Africa.

Don't let packaging discourage you from the rack--it is a killer rack and it is my favorite mod I did on my 4Runner and I'm sure the same will be said about it on the LC as well. If by chance you happen to be unlucky and have any sort of issue they will make it right and make sure you're happy without any questions.

I hope its a killer rack ... I am one that appreciates my 1300 dollar rack to be packed some what in good condition , I want to be the guy that beats the crap out of it not the UPS guy ... Will do a inventory tomorrow ... If you order direct from Front Runner ask for extra Tape !
My Stedi lights made it all the way from Australia and looked like they were supposes to and that was only 10,478 miles in a straight line and my stuff came in great shape .
Not too much to expect unless came from china .

I had a frontrunner on my 100 series. I also had missing pieces and a few incorrect parts when I ordered rails and accessories. The "epoxy" finish started to wear off of some of the corner pieces after a few months. I think the rack was pretty cool and pretty useful, but for the amount of $, I'd say it was not up to par. The accessories are pretty $$$ too.

I haven't bought a rack yet for my 200 series, but will this summer or fall. It won't be a frontrunner.

I did inventory , looked like the hardware was run over with a forklift ... half the package and someone wrapped it with stretch wrap and put it back in the box .
I let Front Runner know and to send me another hardaware kit .
How had was it to make sure you put enough tape on the box ... They thought 2 pieces of tape was enough is just Pathetic.
The parts seem to be quality , Time will tell .

Getting close to 2 weeks now I have my brand new Front runner rack , no response from front runner ... I just sent them another email on the parts missing .
The small box came in open , mounting rail coating chipped and mounting bolts and caps missing , look like to parts bad was run over , gathered up and stuffed back in , I let them know But so far nothing .
I bought this from Metal Tech , I also let them know what was going on , will see what happens .
Just sucks you pay all this dough and expect a little better , especially 2 pieces of tape to hold a box together from west coast to east coast is pretty sad quality control .

5C0BD03D-FBA3-4115-B360-DDEF3780E2DE.jpeg

They could take a packing lesson from Slee or Budbuilt. When either of those businesses send me a package they’re always well padded and make generous use of giant metal staples.

They could take a packing lesson from Slee or Budbuilt. When either of those businesses send me a package they’re always well padded and make generous use of giant metal staples.
Someone at BudBuilt is almost too fond of the staple gun. :rofl:

My rack came in yesterday. I had ordered the prep-table with the under rack mounts. The table's box came with only 1 piece of tape holding the box together. All of the others were ripped open. Looking over the table though, it looks like it did not sustain damage.

With that said, I have to say that I have NOT been impressed with the fit and finish quality of this rack. I've already had to use a grinder and drill just to get the rack assembly together. I'm going to mount up my table brackets and then see if I still have enough steam to start dismantling the OEM rack and installing the foot rails. That may have to wait until another day... I'm already bushed from trying to get this thing together.

New week , see what happens maybe nuts and bolts need will show up , I hate to have to spend more on bolts and have to machine the plastic spacers to have to make this work .
My other choice would be send it back .

Got a chance to put my Front Runner on today. It's no secret I have tried to "fight for them" because of my positive experiences with their rack and accessories, so I'm a little disheartened after install today.. I absolutely loved it on my 4Runner and I'm sure I will love it on the Land Cruiser, but we definitely got off on a rocky start.

Both of the front corner pieces barely fit on because of how tight the rack tray sat with the rails. One of my corner pieces had a hole drilled too far in so I had to dremel it out a bit. Because there are four mounting feet per rail it was much more difficult to line up. I had very, very slight issues with the second set of bolts from the front on both sides. The bolt only threading in right up against/touching the edge of the rail while I tugged it into position--on top of being paranoid about pushing the plastic clips into the headliner that was not a fun experience. I think when I installed my 4Runner rack it took maybe 2 hours start to finish completely assembling the rack from scratch as well as removing the stock rack. This one took me just shy of 5 hours and I already had the tray assembled.

I still have not had any issues with the quality of their powdercoat or had any missing hardware, but I can say this one did not fit together nearly as easily as my previous one. It still feels solid as heck so hopefully I can put the install issues behind me and start enjoying it to it's fullest

I can also confirm the 1345/1425mm wind fairing fits perfectly on the 200 series. I don't know why they recommend the smaller one that leaves gaps. Only driven up to 50ish, but wind noise is minimal and much better than the normal undermounted wind fairing they provide.

Last edited:
I wish I could give you a report on my installation , its been over a month and no replacement bolts so I can assemble my front runner ... I not recommend them at this point .
1345/1425mm wind fairing seems to be the only one Slee carries , I would say thats the winner .
I’m almost at the point to send everything back and go with another brand .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom