Front Rotor Replacement/Axle Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologize in advance, I searched and didn't find a definitive answer.

Replacing the rotors and want to know if I can leave the inner bearings in for the time being... just remove and repack the outers.

Stupid question but no concern about mixing grease w/ the inners (if that even makes sense)?

I know I should do the entire front axle but I just don't have time this weekend and need the truck.

Thanks!

You won't get as deep as the inners. I replaced my rotors and just added some grease as needed. It was within 20,000 miles of a full front axle service, and everything looked good. Not sure what you mean about mixing grease - you won't get into the moly grease in the birfs while doing rotors.

I think he means that the inner bearings have a diffrent grease that what he'll use to repack the outer with. He's concerned about those two types of grease mixing since he won't be touching the inner bearings. what I would do is just get some new grease seals clean and repack both inner and outer bearings. new seal shouldn't be that much. This way you can go to sleep at night knowing you did a great job.

That is what I was getting at Sanchez. I am just not sure what's on the inners now. Can I get to the inners without having to go any deeper or do I now have the birfs and axles out?

At that point I'll feel like a fool for not just doing the whole thing.

Also, will part number 43510A (90311-62001 Oil Seal for Front Axle Hub) have to be replaced if I do the inners?
Front Axle Hub.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom