Front Protection Plates Engine covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bear Lake Cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi Everyone. My new to me 2013 570 is missing the lower cover plate that goes over the oil filter. There are two of them covering the front area under the engine, a left and a right. My right one is intact and the left one is missing. I'd like to get a replacement. I know a lot of folks take them off and and leave them off, especially in the 100 series crowd. Anyone got some laying around to sell me? Or can supply me with a part number?

Last edited:
You should be looking for 51409-60100. There's also a foam insulator which I THINK is 51478-60040, but I probably wouldn't bother with it.

I'd contact a Cruiser supplier to see if they have any. Bud Built and Slee may throw them away. Cruiser Outfitters may be able to help. iI you are near Bear Lake, that would be my first call.

Or just upgrade to the budbuilt front skids with a pocket door for easy filter access. They are awesome, and even their "lite" steel is pretty strong.

I also gave my FIL a set of buds a while ago. I could ask him if he wants to part with the original skids, assuming he still has them. He lives down in Sandy.

I'd contact a Cruiser supplier to see if they have any. Bud Built and Slee may throw them away. Cruiser Outfitters may be able to help. iI you are near Bear Lake, that would be my first call.

Or just upgrade to the budbuilt front skids with a pocket door for easy filter access. They are awesome, and even their "lite" steel is pretty strong.

I also gave my FIL a set of buds a while ago. I could ask him if he wants to part with the original skids, assuming he still has them. He lives down in Sandy.
I never heard of budbuilt. I check it out. And call the places you suggest on Monday. Please ask your friend if he has his old skids. And yes, I am at Bear Lake, west side near state line a mile and a half into Idaho

I never heard of budbuilt. I check it out. And call the places you suggest on Monday. Please ask your friend if he has his old skids. And yes, I am at Bear Lake, west side near state line a mile and a half into Idaho
My father in law just moved so he has been busy with that, and never installed the buds, but I'll ask him to hold onto the OEMs when he gets around to it if you can wait a while.

My father in law just moved so he has been busy with that, and never installed the buds, but I'll ask him to hold onto the OEMs when he gets around to it if you can wait a while.
Yes, I can wait, thank you. I think I will stick with OEM, my 570 is not used where I need additional armor. My 40 and 100 are my rough country rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom