Front Pax Seat Organizer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Looking for ideas to help organize the mound of stuff that ends up on the passenger seat and footwell... snacks, maps, DSLR, gloves, etc.

Thinking of something like this, but wondering if there isn't something better out there?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ECMRFTA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2P1FG84JTE5FT&psc=1

91GVUoex8RL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
This sort of thing makes a lot of sense for me.

I'm interested to see what others have done.

I just posted about a ceiling net to help organize things too.

In California if you leave a DSLR on the passenger seat, you usually come back to a broken window and no more DSLR. :mad:

Life is good in Oregon!

cool to see that you updated your avatar.
I typically keep all my go to stuff in a backpack, then hang the pack in the front seat with a carabiner on the headrest post.

bonus of that set up, when you stop, you can quickly zip up the pack and throw it in the floorboard behind the front seats. out of sight, out of mind.

for the truck get away bag I use a maxpedition Kodiak sling bag. excellent side access and not too big.

I use a Blue Ridge Seat Back panel, but hang it in front; the folded up back seats block anything on the back of the seat. Two or three pouches on the Molle, a knife Velcroed on, a jacket & hat tucked between the panel and the seatback.

When I’m on solo trips, I take the Molle seat back unit off my driver side back and hang it on the front passenger. That makes both seat-back molle and seat-front molle accessible while driving. Works a charm.

Then I strap in a soft cooler with pockets for snack and other crud. So... I end up with two full mole organizers in easy reach (front and back passenger seat...plus the soft cooler. If I want more, I can put an organizer on the passenger floor too.

F2B1BC4E-4E27-4689-A421-54E9EFDB9403.jpeg

Last edited:
Duluth Trading Company has an organizer I picked up for the Baja trip for like $30. It worked pretty well.

If there’s one thing I know from traveling/wheeling with Cole (@indycole ) ...it’s that he LOVES organization...and he’s good at it. :)
So when he comments on it...me ears perk up!

Last edited:
Thanks for the Duluth idea. I think I'm going to go with the combo of this with a mole pack like Mark has. I like that it has a big storage bin and a place to clip a map.

MWOF_36205_DEV_SS17-048.jpg

Looking for ideas to help organize the mound of stuff that ends up on the passenger seat and footwell... snacks, maps, DSLR, gloves, etc.

Thinking of something like this, but wondering if there isn't something better out there?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ECMRFTA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2P1FG84JTE5FT&psc=1
That is a really nice unit, most of the others are junk. But it is 12x24”, do you really want the equivalent of two milk crates sitting on the front seat? I don’t think it would work well sideways, and longitudinally it will hang off the front of the cushion and may sag, I am not sure how stiff the bottom panel is. This is intended to sit on a flat floor like your cargo area.

I may get one to supplement my two milk crates in back which are constantly stuffed full. Nice find.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Zombie thread, but it probably isn't interesting enough for a new thread.

I'm about to take a long solo trip, and decided to add some passenger seat organization. I was thinking to myself - "who spends a lot of time in cars and needs portable organization?" Answer - police officers.

I started looking for how police do it - and learned about the "patrol bag". Enough space for all of the stuff you need for a shift, attached to the seat so it doesn't go flying in a crash, room for all the stuff you might need from the driver seat.

Lots of options, but I went with a Propper brand. Reasonably priced, but full featured, and professional quality.

When I'm not using it, I can toss it behind the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom