Front Pads and Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I drove an hour and a half to the beach and got a terrible screaching sound when I came to a stop. Only happened this once. Looks like im going to need front brakes because the backs were done already. I found a kit ebay both front rotors and pads for less than 100$. The add claims the part numbers supercede the dealer PN 43512-60171 which is a factory toyota part. Anyone use this kit before? I also have an email out to cruiseroutfitters for the bearing kit also "while im in there"

Front Ceramic Brake Pad & Rotor Kit for 98-07 Lexus LX470 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Make sure you check and see if your caliper pistons are seized. I thought oh I need front pads easy breezy and turns out a few pistons up front, left and right, are seized. Now I gotta order new calipers. Nobody in town had any, so I’m borderline driving now with some serious soon to be metal on metal until I can source some calipers.

Edit: why change the rotors? May not be necessary

Good point. Going to check slides also. The rears were seized and had to buy calipers also. Will take them apart monday or tuesday to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom