Fresh coat... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fjwear.com
I didn't have to work today so last night, and this morning my wife and I gave the cruiser a fresh coat of durabak. (and painted a few other things). I also herculine the inside of the fenders.

- Rico.
100_2935.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! How hard is it to clean ?

Nocents

i dig it alot however i think your cruiser would be even better with the dimond plate off and white rims drool.

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
i dig it alot however i think your cruiser would be even better with the dimond plate off and white rims drool.

mike

I want to but I don't have the money for new quarter pannels yet. the diamond plate came with the cruiser when I bought it.

- Rico.

My wife says "It's really Cool" and she told me to tell you. I,however, am leaning towards the traditional smooth and shiney.

To each his own. It does look clean.

JJB

JJB77FJ40 said:
My wife says "It's really Cool" and she told me to tell you. I,however, am leaning towards the traditional smooth and shiney.

JJB

When It was time to paint it I was thinking of going with regular automotive paint. but then I knew I was going to take it offroad and most likely scatch it. That is why I dicided on durabak. I have been out through trees and scrapped the hell out of it and you can even tell. just some bark left on the fender.

- Rico.

JJB77FJ40 said:

JJB

I think it's cool, but I would never do it to the cruiser I have now. But for a trail rig it's an awesome idea. Maybe i'll do it to my minitruck if I turn that into a trail rig.

That looks cool...How did you apply it ? need to do the rims .............

Would the Durabak stick to the diamonplate? I think it'd look better all one color.

honk said:
Would the Durabak stick to the diamonplate? I think it'd look better all one color.

It should but I don't want to do that. I will be replacing the quarter panels sometime so I don't want to waste money on painting the diamond plate.

- Rico.

i don't mind the diamond plate...is it diamond plate or checkerplate? it looks like checkerplate which may be why i like it...i like the checkerplate pattern.

I think it looks cool.

It should hold up gainst those tree/branch/brush scrapes etc. But I think the big question will be how will it hold up over time? That surface is very porous: lots of nooks and crannies. Dirt, grime, oil, pollen and branch scrapes will get into that surface. While it is all new you may be the guy always at the ready with a power washer etc. But in two years you may be a little more relaxed about cleaning the truck after a run or whatever. Keeping it clean may be harder than a smooth finish in the long run. I guess time will tell.

Best of luck!

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom