Freezing AC Lines when not on full fan speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title shows the AC kicks off when the fan speed is not on its full setting. When I check the engine bay the high-pressure line is frozen off the compressor.

I recently changed
  1. Compressor
  2. Condensor
  3. Evap front and rear
  4. Expansion Valves front and rear
  5. Low pressure line engine bay
  6. Low pressure line rear AC
The AC systems is charged correctly and the right oil is in the system. I'm guessing the thermistor is not placed correctly on the front Evap. Does anyone have a picture of theirs from the last time they were in there? I'm going to open it up Sunday but wanted a picture to compare too first.

Thanks!

I might be wrong but it seems like you might need to check those expansion valves, provided the gauges on the both low and high side have pressure within spec. if pressures are good you might have a clogged or malfunctioning expansion valve. Just a guess.

I might be wrong but it seems like you might need to check those expansion valves, provided the gauges on the both low and high side have pressure within spec. if pressures are good you might have a clogged or malfunctioning expansion valve. Just a guess.
When you replaced the compressor, did you "pre-charge" the compressor with (I think) 2oz or so of the PAG-oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom