Francis Marion Exploring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, Its been a few months since I've been on here... Had a s*** Spring due to my mom passing away (she was only 57) anyways I'm going to go exploring FM forest tomorrow since it'll be raining. I hope to find some waterlogged trails. If anyone is off tomorrow (Monday 22nd) more vehicles is better!
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, brother. Would've loved to have gone wheeling, but I'm still tired from GSMTR. We'll have a HAMOM this weekend, please feel free to stop by!

I am with you in your loss. Sorry was in Augusta, GA. Im furlough for a week starting thurs, but need to get prints for NFA toys.

So here are a few pictures from my outing, I only explored the area around Guilliard Lake Road, but found some really sweet fishing spots and camping spots. I went down Blue Springs Road, but there was a gate at the end saying "Foot Traffic Welcome, No vehicles", There was a side trail to the right that I went down and found what looked like a small spring. I may go again tomorrow or next Monday/Tuesday after the rain.

FullSizeR copy 3.jpg
FullSizeR copy.jpg
FullSizeR.jpg
FullSizeR copy 2.jpg

As for the water pic... This was a small boat landing with a sandy bottom, could see lots of tire tracks, I backed into it slowly just to get the photo opp. lol... I didn't do any damage or dig any ruts, I tread lightly.

Please be respectful of areas that don't allow driving. These fields have been disced by the USFS and volunteers to encourage the growth of legumes and native warm season grasses. These fields are prime brood habitat for nesting birds like turkey and quail. The Francis Marion is the largest national forest in the eastern US, a true gem for us to enjoy, but please be careful.

I stayed on designated dirt roads and trails the entire time, and was very careful that my poser shots did no damage. Big on Tread lightly

I found those spots on the creek around roads 150 and 151

Here is the map I pieced together to navigate, I'll make it higher resolution and mark interesting spots later
Francis Marion Map.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom