Frame,Mounting Bracket, everything??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the cruiser scene and I was recently taking my 77' FJ40 4spd. 2F apart for a resto. Basically on the drivers front leaf spring mount/ shakle I noticed some frame rot that needed some attention. Seems small enough hopefully salvageable? so when I began tearing everything apart I noticed an ajusting bracket and a mounting position on the front drivers side of the 2F block. What is? Any other techniques you guys could offer in a frame-off would be greatly appreciated. I am going to take the tub/body off today :)

That mounting point and adjusting bracket could be for one of the smog equipment peices, it's hard to tell without a pic. While you have your cruiser in peices, sandblast as much of it as possible, it's worth it, you'll end with clean parts ready for paint. For cleaning up smaller parts 3M abrasive wheels work well, on complicated parts that abrasive wheels can't completly get, try a torch to burn off the flaking rust. Check out previous pages in the tech section, there's a post regarding frame paints. :D

I'm looking for a smog pump mount for installing my saginaw power steering pump. if that's what you have and aren't using it I would be interested in getting it from you. :G :G It is located on the driver side front corner of the 2F just under the motor mount.

I'm looking for a smog pump mount for installing my saginaw power steering pump.  if that's what you have and aren't using it I would be interested in getting it from you.  :G :G  It is located on the driver side front corner of the 2F just under the motor mount.  

hey, look, there's one on my spring pack!! :eek:  
SmogPumpBracket.jpg

oh, yea, I've used that one already!! :p  

I went by my buddy's shop today and was gonna ask him if he had one laying around, but he was closed up already.  I'll check with him next week! ;)

Cruiser, is that what it looks like??

I'm looking for a smog pump mount for installing my saginaw power steering pump.  if that's what you have and aren't using it I would be interested in getting it from you.  :G :G  It is located on the driver side front corner of the 2F just under the motor mount.  

Your lucky day!! I hit pay dirt today while rearranging some shelves loaded with LC parts. Found a smog pump bracket!! :D Not sure the going rate, but I'm reasonable. Just hit me with PayPal with something fair, add $7 for FedEx shipping and you'll have it the next day!! &nbsp:Don't forget to put your shipping addy in the PayPal comments.

8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom