Found part of a 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i found almost all of a longblock 1983 2f. all it needs are the head, intake, and exhaust manifolds. and a 4 speed tranny. 2f is $300 and 4 speed is $250.
what do you think? how hard would it be to find the head for that engine?

Jonathan//SandRider

keep looking, you can find complete engines for that price or a little more. Check the for sale or parting out section as a pricing guide.

Heads, from Spector Off-Road, are only about $500 with no core needed. These are complete heads excluding the rockers.

What you have is a short block. What are your plans for the engine?

If you do not need it I would pass on it. As mentioned you can find complete engines for around that price. They will include the intake/exhaust and the head.

What is the status of the engine? It would be hard to do a compression check on it with out a head. If you know it's good engine and if the owner comes down in price it could be a good buy. I can hook you up with a rebuilt 82 head. I also have several fj60 trannies/tcase, intake/exhaust in storage. I'm about 4 hours from you. Personally I would try locating a complete engine.

im not sure if the the 4 speed is an 83, but it is out of a 60. but, the 4 speed also has the xfer case connected to it and will be sold together.

the plans for the engine is to be rebuilt, ported, polished, run slightly higher compression, run either a 2bbl weber or aisan carb. and, will hopefully be dropped into my 68 fj40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom