Found, cb350 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone

I haven't owned a MC in 30 years. I found this 1971 CB350K3 Super Sport in the back of a garage,offered the po $100.00 and he accepted, so here I am. Hope I didn't get hosed lol. I took one look and suddenly saw 60 to 80 summertime mpg. Not to mention the fun factor hehe. Let me know what you think.:cheers::beer:
CB350 005.jpg
CB350 in Garage.jpg
CB350 004.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:$100? Squeal, I mean what a deal!:cheers::clap::cheers:

If it hasn't been ridden, check all your cables thoroughly, change those tires and tubes and see how she flies!

What I'm thinkin'?
I'm thinkin' you can't go too much wrong for $100 with that one, that's what I'm thinkin'... :)

(edited for typo)

Last edited:
Have you fired it up? Does it run?

I have not tried to start it yet. It's the dead of winter here in CT and I need a battery for it. Hopefully the weather will break and I can start tinkering with it.

Moe

I pushed down on the kick starter and it turned over and I could hear the woosh in the carbs so it sounds like there's some compression.The oil looks like it was freshly changed. I was thinking of hooking up a lawn tractor battery to test out the systems and try to start it but don't know if that would be too much juice for that old electrical.

I pushed down on the kick starter and it turned over and I could hear the woosh in the carbs so it sounds like there's some compression.The oil looks like it was freshly changed. I was thinking of hooking up a lawn tractor battery to test out the systems and try to start it but don't know if that would be too much juice for that old electrical.

nice score.

is it 6v or 12v? if you use the correct voltage it will only take what it needs.

nice score.

is it 6v or 12v? if you use the correct voltage it will only take what it needs.

Thanks Semlin
It's 12V so mabe just use some jumpers. It's 5 deg. out but the temps are supposta break this weekend. I'll probably start a clean up thread as spring springs. I plan to get it into shape for a sunny day driver.

Moe

Thanks Semlin
It's 12V so mabe just use some jumpers. It's 5 deg. out but the temps are supposta break this weekend. I'll probably start a clean up thread as spring springs. I plan to get it into shape for a sunny day driver.

Moe

you prolly know this stuff, but spray some fogging oil into the cylinder heads and kick it over a few times manually before you give it any real juice. also, i would check for stale fuel in the gas tank and lines and clean everything out before i tried to start it. if the carb is already gummed up you'll find out but no sense in being the one who gums it.

you prolly know this stuff, but spray some fogging oil into the cylinder heads and kick it over a few times manually before you give it any real juice. also, i would check for stale fuel in the gas tank and lines and clean everything out before i tried to start it. if the carb is already gummed up you'll find out but no sense in being the one who gums it.

Thanks on the fogging oil I never heard of it. I was going to spray a little Marvle Mystery Oil in the cyls. I'll look into fogg. The tank is completly dry so I won't use the tank until after I seal it. The tank has a dent so I thought I'd have a dent wizzard check it out. So many little things but it's all good. Please feel free to throw any and all advice my way,(totally appreciated!!) Like I said earlier, It's been 30 yrs without a cycle. Ouch:).

Moe

Thanks on the fogging oil I never heard of it. I was going to spray a little Marvle Mystery Oil in the cyls. I'll look into fogg. The tank is completly dry so I won't use the tank until after I seal it. The tank has a dent so I thought I'd have a dent wizzard check it out. So many little things but it's all good. Please feel free to throw any and all advice my way,(totally appreciated!!) Like I said earlier, It's been 30 yrs without a cycle. Ouch:).

Moe

marvel mystery is fine. fogging oil is just the generic name for the storage oil you spray into cylinders when you store it.

Nice score. looks very original. Missing a side-cover (those are tough to find in good shape for the 350's). and it has aftermarket silencers on it.

CB350's are fun, reliable, cool-looking little bikes. I restored one for my wife and another for a friend. Here's some pics to motivate you to fix yours up.

75525083_ZZj2L-L.jpg

75525174_yCPPR-L.jpg

75525036_Ywba6-L.jpg

75524776_NZ8Ho-L-1.jpg

75524575_zc7s7-L.jpg

75441494_DNjVP-L.jpg

75101122_dkP2m-L-1.jpg

72839784_8XdW8-L-1.jpg

:cheers:

MDH33

Those are sweet! Very nicely done. I hope mine sparkle like those. I do have both side covers and everything except the muffs looks pretty stock. I had a 750 about 30 years ago, it had nice smooth power so I wonder if the 350 will be enough for me:p I can always fix up and trade up I suppose. I'm thinking the 350 will give some decent mpg though. I'll let u guys know if, or I should say when, I get it started.lol. Thanks for the motivator !!

Moe

I have a '72 CB175, scored mine for free from a friends grandfather. Sorry no pics on this computer. It looks like MBH33's gold one, even down to the carbs only smaller.

Yours is in good shape. The paint on these bikes holds up very well. All I did was wax and buff and it looks great.

A little advice:
-Mufflers may be hard to find. It took me two years to find two new ones. The used ones are usually no better that what you have.
-Most of the parts I found on e-bay were more than the dealer. Check e-bay first but do your homework. If you want some e-bay seller names I have dealt with and had good luck just PM me.
-If you need to seal the tank and have never done it before, follow the directions carefully of you will have a mess worse than the rust. If the rust is not bad I would be temted to leave it and just use an inline filter

Springdale Arkansas Honda Motorcycle ATV Dealer - Heartland Honda - watercraft scooter generator lawnmower power equipment
Check these guys out. They are cheaper than my local dealer including shipping. Plus, they have a very handy parts finder. As a matter of fact I printed off all of the pages for my bike to use in the garage.

If you need any more info let me know.

my '73 cb350f cafe

i started building my bike last dec and am getting close to finishing. i used 2007 cbr rear sets

Very clean bike.:beer:

Here's my '72 CB350. The bike is so much fun to ride.

I thought about making it a cafe but have not found the time to commit yet.
DSC04055.JPG
DSC04055.JPG

I have a '72 CB175, scored mine for free from a friends grandfather. Sorry no pics on this computer. It looks like MBH33's gold one, even down to the carbs only smaller.

Yours is in good shape. The paint on these bikes holds up very well. All I did was wax and buff and it looks great.

A little advice:
-Mufflers may be hard to find. It took me two years to find two new ones. The used ones are usually no better that what you have.
-Most of the parts I found on e-bay were more than the dealer. Check e-bay first but do your homework. If you want some e-bay seller names I have dealt with and had good luck just PM me.
-If you need to seal the tank and have never done it before, follow the directions carefully of you will have a mess worse than the rust. If the rust is not bad I would be temted to leave it and just use an inline filter

Springdale Arkansas Honda Motorcycle ATV Dealer - Heartland Honda - watercraft scooter generator lawnmower power equipment
Check these guys out. They are cheaper than my local dealer including shipping. Plus, they have a very handy parts finder. As a matter of fact I printed off all of the pages for my bike to use in the garage.

If you need any more info let me know.

Excellent info! Thanks for the help Brad. Toss up a pic of ur CB175 if u get a chance.Love to see it.

Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom