Ford 9" or center my rear??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.trailwerx.com
Ok, I've abandoned my buggy project in lieu of just putting some money into my 77. It has a 350 adapted to a 3spd tranny and stock case with sprung over 40 axles. I really want a 3 spd Stack case so I've opted to run my TH350 trans and just center my rear chunk. I also bought some 60 axles so I'm going to be swaping the front out as well.

Should I sell the sprung over 40's and use that money to get a custom 35 spl 9 built or recenter my stock 40 rear and run what I got.

Just a side note, I will be taking the tired ass 350 that's in it out and droping in my RamJet350:D So there will be a considerable power gain as well.

Discuss....

9"..

9"?

Go Hi9 ;) <---- this is a link

SK04-05-04.jpg

RedAxle-33.jpg

Talked to the guy at Hi9 and that's definitly the route I want to go. BUT, I might have to save my duckets for a while till I can afford it seeing as I just dropped 2500 on a STaK case. A buddy of mine has an extra 40 housing and a Tacoma rear. I'm gonna try to make me a center hybrid to run till I get the money saved up for that 9. I defintltll want that rear! My front should be strong enough. I've got 6 shooter knuckles and 30 spline longs for the FJ60 front.

If I had the $$ for the power and gearing you are talking about, I would say the 9" or something stronger... I am going to be centering my rear, because I am never gonna see more than 250 HP out of my engine, transfer low is only 2.72, I like the idea of having interchangeable diffs for that last resort trail fix, and a good used front third is cheaper than buying just the gears for something else...

I think I've talked myself into the True Hi9 center section. I'm going to start hunting down an old F150/ Full size Bronco rear. They have the 31 spline shafts and are about 60" wide so it'll match my FJ60 front width wise. 2K is a whole lot of money to spend on a thisrd. I hope it's everything he says it is...

Ok, found my huckleberry at Pull-A-Part for 67 bucks. out of an 81 F100. I love Pull-A-Part....:grinpimp:

DSC02110.jpg

DSC02111.jpg

Now if I can build up the courage to spend 2G's on a True Hi9 center I'll be in biznasssss. I guess I'll order my moser shafts and disc brake brackets for it tomorrow. Think I should go 35 spline or 40???

IMO, 35 is plenty. a local demolition expert here hasn't broken 2 things on his buggy: the Atlas, and the 35 spline shafts. This is to include: the Tru Hi9, HP60 gears (front), alloy front shafts, 60 housing, etc, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom