Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Given what you just did . . .thoughts on someone else doing this?

Given what you just did . . .thoughts on someone else doing this?

It's a toss up ... there are simply too many ways a rebuild can go either right or wrong. The encouraging note is the ad saying they have 13k miles on the rebuild. To me that says it was obviously not a catastrophe. Did they use OEM pistons, rings, bearings, seals, and gaskets and did they mic every part to .0001"? Those factors will determine how much longer it will last.

Looks like a woman is selling her husband's truck and he was at least a part time mechanic or a serial note taker. Maybe it is her truck. Maybe a man who wears fingernail polish. . . .

Pricing it:

OK - given your expert opinion, using the "State Preference Approach to Pricing" Land Cruisers we could use a 50/50 boom/bust ratio to a state where it either runs for 200K or it runs for another 13K.

Then we would decide its value in the boom state vs the bust state and maybe compare that to a boom/bust state version where we think of it as a shell with no engine and vehicle with a rebuilt engine.

We could apply a value to the final price range and make a good offer.

Or just low ball them mud style... ;<)

OMG all those miles, I will give you 1 dollar...

**** me...an hour and half later and they are now out of the truck!! These things must weigh a couple hundred pounds :hillbilly:

30007457010_e990849dd8_b.jpg

I haven't done squat with the press I kept. Open to selling if someone is interested. The one on the far left, plus the one to the right of the one without a top cover (but no top cover now).

100 bucs.

I haven't done squat with the press I kept. Open to selling if someone is interested. The one on the far left, plus the one to the right of the one without a top cover (but no top cover now).

100 bucs.

Is that one of the good complete ones? I was on the list but down to the no cover last time. I'd still like one of those.
I'll message you.
Thanks,
Sean

Last edited:
Found this sticker on Cafe Press. If anyone is interested I will order several. (Just the white TLC sticker.)

DSCN0283.JPG

Anyone have some outer tie rod ends for an FZJ80? It's for the 60 (has a high steer).

Nobody seems to stock them locally.

Anyone looking for a lift? Maybe get a deal if you buy all three, group buy. @Rice could blow out the floor above his garage and put one in :)

auto/truck lifts

00C0C_lwILiPnBzH9_600x450.jpg

There are troopys from time to time, they carry the highest prices too. I do like the 47..... 4 more years....
The HJ47 is what I was searching for when I bought the BJ44. I still want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom