For Sale / Wanted Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know of him but I'm singing the praises of the carb I got from Trollhole--$225 bucks new in the box and jetted for our altitude. Took me all of an hour to put it in and adjust the idle/mixture & it's running better than I've ever seen. Ditch the webber on e-bay!

Yea, the weber is history, but wish I had heard about the trollhole carbs before I sent mine off for rebuild.

Wayne--tried to send you an IM but I'm tech challenged....

I have the stock carb off my 83 FJ60 if you want to take a look at it. It worked OK but probably could use a rebuild. I also have all of the extra hardware that come with the stock carb if you need any of that (air rail, altitude compensation stuff, etc).

Also have full set of leaf springs, spare rim & some other odds & ends if anybody needs.

Yeah, I is great offroad but has constant issues as a daily driver. I have been tuning it but when the other engine goes in I will have to do it again. I am just tired of buying crap for it.

Wayne:

Here is a pic of the carb
0219101643.jpg

Ignition coil for an 80

do anyone have an ignition coil ( or some ingenious way to test mine) that I can beg, borrow, use till tuesday? None of the parts store in Southern CO stock one.:mad:

I can lend mine out but will need it back by Monday night. If you wind up needing one I would suggest ordering from C-Dan, 2 day or next day from NM. Call me

Last edited:
I've got a spare ignitor if you want to try that. It's a pricey part for troubleshooting. Of course, I'd have to find it :bang: And mine would be from a 93 - not sure if they're the same. (edit - according to CDan, they are)
Is your truck still in Divide?

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Leon and Eric! Chuck and I tested the feed to the coil on Sunday and found that it wasn't getting any power while the key was in the on position. Chuck's mechanic Ray said he traced it to the ignition switch itself and is going to replace that part today. Waiting to hear the results of that now. Seems that the coil may be fine but wont know till everything before it is working right.

Thanks for the offer Leon and Eric! Chuck and I tested the feed to the coil on Sunday and found that it wasn't getting any power while the key was in the on position. Chuck's mechanic Ray said he traced it to the ignition switch itself and is going to replace that part today. Waiting to hear the results of that now. Seems that the coil may be fine but wont know till everything before it is working right.

One more thing for my todo list - learn to hotwire my truck :D

One more thing for my todo list - learn to hotwire my truck :D

No kidding! Ray said he somehow bypassed the fuse and jumped the coil to make it start so i'm going to have him show me how to do that so if it happens again I can get out!

Since Rey had a shop in Arizona that only worked on Toyota's and Rey himself wheeled and FJ80 I figured if he couldn't find the problem Ryan was going to be in trouble.

Rey now has a 4Runner sitting at the shop that he is going to wheel. He may join us on Sunday. He couldn't commit for sure yet so I told him I would call him later in the week to see if he can join us.

I think he still has a regular cab Taco with a blow motor and a used motor ready to in for sale so if someone is looking for a project contact Big Sky Automotive.

Big Sky Automotive - Google Maps

Last edited:
Need a tranny for 85 4runner

It has an auto tranny in it but Im have issues with so Im looking to do a manual swap. please let me know what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom