Flywheel tech??? HELP needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
pirate4x4.no
I got an ACT clutch from a friend of mine who said it would fit my truck.:mad:

According to the ACT website it is for the 22RE engine, and it doesnt fit my flywheel. Different bolt pattern. (not off much though). The pressure plate fits fine.

Do anyone know if the 22RE has a different fly wheel from my 2LT-II engine? Are they interchangeable?

in the 10 years i have been wrenching on toyotas i have never heard of, seen, came across, tried to, found, thought about, asked about the interchange ability of the 2LT-II to the 22R/E

but based on the info and questions (of what little sense i make of it) it sure seems like they are not interchangeable.

you question confuses me. the pressure plate fits your flywheel, right. so what other bolts are not lining up?
please elaborate.

in the 10 years i have been wrenching on toyotas i have never heard of, seen, came across, tried to, found, thought about, asked about the interchange ability of the 2LT-II to the 22R/E

but based on the info and questions (of what little sense i make of it) it sure seems like they are not interchangeable.

you question confuses me. the pressure plate fits your flywheel, right. so what other bolts are not lining up?
please elaborate.

I might have mixed up some terms here, the disc fits the splines. The bolts dont line up with the holes in the flywheel.

I know the flywheels are different, the flywheel for the 22RE has 6 bolt holes, and for the 2LT it has 8. But that doesn`t mean that the 6 bolt holes don`t line up. There is the same case with 60 and 62 series clutches which arent supposed to be interchangeable but they are.

Over here the 22RE is rare, and I guess over there the 2LT is... So I was hoping that there was a few crazy bastards out there with one of each engine on the shelf... And also could test this for me... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom