Florida 4 Wheel Drive Park Coming Soon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm definitely in and interested. Anyone actually have an idea where its gonna be? uh oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I better get to weldin and wrenchin...............;)

funny you asked, not much, here's what I've got.

The insurance and legal arrangements were made possible through a partnership with the US4WD and FL4WD, but unfortunately they seem to be fading.
All this will happen, but it's not postponed yet again. But good things come to those who wait. The park will be in N. FL, and won't be referred to as a "park," but as a meeting place for a specific club.
The offroad club will be named "Ridin Dirty Offroad," hence the title of the "non-park" park.
Not much details, but some info to relieve the appetite for a short while. I am stoked out of my mind for the commencement of this, it will be big.
For those of you who don't already know, I've been priveleged some information concerning the state of FL. The govt. is actually working on the very first state funded and sponsored offroad park and expect to have it up and running by dec 07 / jan 08. this is exciting news and also lends support to our privately owned park. The state recognizes the need greatly for offroaders in full size vehicles...they're at least trying.
ride on

Money and govt. regulation...it's an easily accomplishable goal, but the closer you get, the more big brother steps in. He can be combatted, but only through $$$, nothing else. You see the dilemma.
The US4WDA Supports this very much, and their own private attorney stationed in VA has corresponded helpful ideas and routes to take.
The setup/structure of it all is set and ready as far as insurance, legal, and so on. The "easy" part is now the hard part. Never fear, the timeline may still be shaky, but this park will happen. I can promise you that. Thanks for your continual interest.

If you hadn't read in the previous posts, I found out through the state of FLs dept. of Forestry, that the state is proposing building the same thing...a state funded offroad park! I can guarentee that it will be bigger than the private one coming, but there's a lot more that will go into these places than size of land. Either way, great ways are being paved.

chad

Just one sentiment: If any of us have a say in what/where a riding park is located, it better be:
1) already abused (such as a quarry, retired landfill, etc.)
2) nowhere near a wetland area

I will personally bring major smack down on people who tear up natural areas. I am a fan of off-roading, but where appropriate. An example of a place NOT appropriate for us nutjobs: The Ocala National Forest. Argue with me on this point and I will whip it out...

I may be able to scout a good prospect park, but we would have to find someone wealthy to buy it...

I buy conservation land for a living in and around Alachua County, but none of it will be available for active recreation (motorized vehicles), just hiking, canoeing, and possibly biking where appropriate.

There are quarries in the Newberry area. Also near Williston. Checking on some possibilities...

Just one sentiment: If any of us have a say in what/where a riding park is located, it better be:
1) already abused (such as a quarry, retired landfill, etc.)
2) nowhere near a wetland area

I will personally bring major smack down on people who tear up natural areas. I am a fan of off-roading, but where appropriate. An example of a place NOT appropriate for us nutjobs: The Ocala National Forest. Argue with me on this point and I will whip it out...

I may be able to scout a good prospect park, but we would have to find someone wealthy to buy it...

I buy conservation land for a living in and around Alachua County, but none of it will be available for active recreation (motorized vehicles), just hiking, canoeing, and possibly biking where appropriate.

There are quarries in the Newberry area. Also near Williston. Checking on some possibilities...
Good to hear, I'm in the Gainesville area and finding places to recreate is hard!

Eureka Pit seems like pretty abused land though :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom