Florida 4 Wheel Drive Park Coming Soon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greetings from Polk

Howdy everyone, just wanted to drop in again...my computer is now gone and my internet access is limited, but I'm still here. Hadn't heard from anyone but Frank lately and hope all are well.
The guys with the park are saying they're in the "long haul" portion dealing with permits, licensing, and insurance, and they'll be in this "mode" for a period of time. Just the cost of doing business. I explained to them the suppport already generated about the place even w/o any pics yet and they're excited as well.
Any news that's not BAD NEWS is good news to me when it comes to wheeling.

On one more topic, anyone aware of someone looking for a jacked up fj62, holla at me. I'm not officially selling mine, but headed in that direction. It's running good, but I'm in need of extra $$$ for my own business ventures and sometimes sacrifices are inevitable. Anyhow, enjoy yourselves...till next time,
Chad Jones

Chad, yeah man sorry we missed you. Might be just as well as you may have slipped into a depression after seeing all the mud is gone! Barely a drop around. :eek:

Is this land an old phosphate pit? That would makes some good wheeling.

How much would you be asking for that FJ62, just curious I always wanted one.

I'd be up for a weekend trip for something like that - good excuse to hit the skatepark in Orlando and visit friends - plus drag my rusting Cruiser out of the garage. :D

can't wait

Florida Offroad Park

Hi ya! My name is Trace and have a small FJ60. I would love to help you create or as Cory just said, Break-in your park. We would love to help discover the new areas and am looking for a snorkle for your underground caves. My new email is trace@allita.net.

Cory is here and wants everyone to know that his video and website will be up soon located at www.offroadfever.com. If you need help getting the word out, he will put the information up on his site! cory@offroadfever.com

It is time

getting the word out indeed! That is what is needed, for every person to tell anyone they come in contact with about this park! It's been a couple of months, but the finallity of the park is commencing! I wanted to fill everyone in on some basic information about the latest updates.
The business buying this property is called "RSD LLC". The reason they have still yet to purchase and start the property is due to zoning problems within the counties for this sort of thing. But alas, the property choices have been narrowed down to several locations, that I will now release: Alachua County, Leesburg, Taylor County, Sumter County, and two locations in Polk County! They are planning on buying more than one plot if things go well with the first "park."
Working names for the park have been created and they eventually plan on having mud, dirt, water, rocks, and everything under the sun. It will however take time and much needed support to accomplish this!
This could be the greatest opportunity for Florida wheelers yet! The inaugural week will be completely free to everyone that's a part of a Toyota membership, Florida club, and other organized four wheel drive entity. Camping will eventually be allowed and many other great ideas will be employed, such as on site fueling and grub!
The purchase will be made by Christmas...they hope to have people wheeling by the end of January. This is what I'm talkin bout people!
Spread the word...never has four wheeling been so great in Florida! Be a part of the opening week to join in helping create and name trails!
Chad

Do you have any information ont he types of terrain that they are thinking of purchasing? A limerock quarry in Marion, Alachua, or around Brooksville (don't know the county, Pasco??) counties would be a perfect spot.

It's also going to be hard to spread the word about it when there really is no set in stone location for the park.

hard huh?

the possiblity of any offroad park in FL is reason to spread the word and celebrate in itself...the fact that there are several possible locations makes it even better, not worse. And with that said, the thought that they will follow up one park with another at a later time (if all goes well) makes me wanna wet myself.
For the park to work, people have to go. Hands down. without patronage, no business can succeed. And as much as the owners would like 4wheeling to be a perfect utopia, money makes the world go round (& love...).
The terrain will definitely include mud, sand, dirt, and trees at first...the rocks are in a few of the locations, and while a definite motivator due to the lack of them in FL, they aren't the final decision making factor. Fortunately, they have great ideas about bringing in rocks and building man-made rock trails, so all is not lost. The one thing everyone can count on is that no matter how this park starts off, it can only get better, in part from the owners & great ideas from wheelers that visit it. Wait till you see some of the ideas their implementing there! This park will be awesome.

I vote Polk county as 1st location they should try . . .

There's a bunch of us south & southeast of there....

more info

there will be a 4X4 club as well at the park, that "will be" the park...so in essence, everyone who participates at the park is a guest of the club, having the option to be a member of course.
The name of the club is great, but TBD. yall will love this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom