Florida 4 Wheel Drive Park Coming Soon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.cardomain.com
At last!!! A much anticipated area to drive your cruiser or 4X4 on in Central Florida (or the whole state for that matter!) is coming soon! There's a group of investors purchasing over 80 acres of land here in Polk County that are wheeling enthusiasts themselves and want to start a 4wheel drive park like seen in many of the northern states. It's going to be pretty primitive initially, but plans include building an onsite garage, RV hookups, running water w/ bathrooms, cabins, rock hills, and even underground "cave" trails. This may sound like a load, but I kid you not. They've asked several people to try and advertise this thing before it even gets off the ground. My business partner is a realtor for Choice Danzler Properties of Winter Haven and is drawing up the sale agreement for the purchase.
Try to spread the word so that this attempt will be successful and we'll have an exciting place to wheel that's legal! They're currently in the process of obtaining all legal charters and permits from the state of FL and Polk County. I've got huge faith in these guys, it will be something else!
They're going to have a "special invite" before they open to the general public and have personally asked if any cruiser afficiandos want to come to the "soft grand opening." anyone interested (would seem like all would be), sign your name in reply and I'll put you on a list. They're interested in trail ideas, comments, and just want to see the 4X4s start building trails soon!
I'll keep you posted on developments and more info. They hope to have the public wheeling there by Christmas of this year! Our prayers might have just been answered.

As long as I can still afford gas I'd like to go. Should model parts of it after Alpha pit. You know, anything that isn't flat. It was depressing the other day while we were watching the "Yeti special" on the Discovery channel that Disney built the tallest mountain in Florida, and it's not much taller than 300 feet. May not be true, but makes good propaganda.....

Bret

Put me on the list.
PLease count me in!!:bounce:

Chuck, Al, et al. Went out to check out a spot today, very similar to the hatchery, just a little closer to 95. PM for further info.

Bret

big plans

it's definitely not going to be flat...they've got plans for many local construction companies to drop their reclaim cement/mortar/brick and else there in a reasonable fashion, then get the piles sealed up to prevent tire punctures from stray points and sharp ends. then, add dirt and earth to the mix to create some gnarly climbs and drops! they've got blueprints for these arrangements already. the baddest idea yet though includes an underground tunnel to drive through...PA, TN, IN, nor any other state has a park with that kind of obstacle! Any info i can devulge, i will guys. the proprietors are stoked just as much as any of us, that's the best part! So they'll stay true to wheeling fashion and practice. one's from IN, the other a FL native...other "investors" involved are all FL residents too, and wheeling afficiandos, so this place will be special.
About the gas...this may be the BEST idea to ever hit offroading: One of the "owners" runs a trucking company and has fleet fueling. He's attempting to get an onsite pump set up through his wholesale pricing to provide cheaper fuel to wheelers! It's possible to get gas at 30-40% less than sticker/retail price! Is that bad, or what? More news to come...spread the word, stay stoked out of your mind for this! more support, the better.

this starts to chime man! Is there anything anyone can do to help other than pass the word? (I wanna help build that freaken chunnel!) :grinpimp:

a legal place to wheel in fla AND cheap gas somebody wake me up i must be dreamin. Count me in!!

Help one, Help All

Great to hear yall are excited...if you're not yet, then you must not have a pulse. anyhow, besides talking it up, there's something else that can be done.
Evidently, the state has some say in recreational wheeling here even if on privately owned land, some kind of bylaw they have in issuing charters for this sort of thing. Although everything seems all systems go for the group building this, someone I know who has info suggested this: 4wheelers (cruiserfolk and everyone else) email the state's forestry about the lack of wheeling area in FL, mentioning safe recreational wheeling is something you enjoy and are serious about...and that you feel is discriminated against by those who prefer only bird watching, biking, and the likes, especially in central florida. You don't have to send the state a novel, but mention some of these words in BOLD in a brief message and that will go a long way to influence the state's approval of such a place before its charter is even completed.
http://www.fl-dof.com/
There's the site...click on "contact us" then "send email now".
Take 2 minutes to help ensure the park's security before it even opens! I guess there's already opposition from "important figureheads" in the state to some extent.
Rest assured, I believe our "dreams" will become a reality in the next 10 months!!!
See yall out there!

Message sent:

for reference. Not sure how much is true, but it's a start.

Please forward this to the party/parties responsible for land use.

I would like to express my concern and support regarding legal off roading areas in the state of Florida.

First of all if there is a legal area for off roading or trail riding that is not centered around mud pits then please let me know where it is. I have searched the internet, the Florida Gazeteer and talked to many off road enthusiasts and no one that I have spoken to has heard of such an area.

I recently heard that a group of investors are trying to provide just such an area. From what I understand it is on private property but the Dept. of Forestry still has input as to the use of the property. I would like to point out that this makes sense (and cents) on many different levels.

It provides a legal venue for 4 wheel drive enthusiasts to drive and not trespass or cause undue stress on the local enviornment. It could be a controlled area with knowledgable supervision. Most enthusiasts govern themselves very well. Any potential problems from fires to rollovers could be handled quickly and safely.

Why anyone would stand in the way of such an effort is beyond me. It seems like a win-win deal for the investors and the local economies. It provides a safe enviornmentally friendly venue for the avid 4-wheelers of central and southern Florida to recreate and spend their money.

Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter. Please feel free to call me regarding this matter.

awesome

that's great! exactly what we need...I'm trying to post the park plans elsewhere, but by all means send copies of the link to this thread to whomever you like and spread the word. Hopefully, everyone in the Southeast will know about this place and maybe, just maybe for once...people in tennessee and GA will to FL for a wheeling trip! lol
thanks to all for reading and helping...onward soldiers!

Sent my letter in.

More news

Yet another issue they've mentioned that we can use in our debate is the tourist money factor. As Floridians, we must travel out of state to enjoy true offroading areas, and therefore spend our income in another state's economy. This would help keep our money in Florida, and attract other foreigners to our area to spend their money. While this park is in no way a Disney, Busch Gardens, or a new beach, many four wheelers wouldn't come to Florida for any of those reasons. So this park stands to attract a different breed of people that may not wear mickey tshirts or hand dozens of cameras around their necks.

On top of that, this park also stands to promote family interaction and involvment, encouraging guests to bring everyone! Even the family dog...so all types of 4 wheelers, from your big truck redneck, to your loner independent rider and especially your club / family affiliates, will be welcome and enjoy the grounds.

One last topic...besides daily entry fees, to weekend and weeklong costs, they also will offer a year round membership. Of course, the year round would be the best DEAL, comparable to the idea that most theme parks employ. they're going to have a world of options available in attending and wheeling there, to meet the needs of everyone out there. This will truly be an exceptional area. CANT WAIT!!!

This sounds awesome, I hope it has a decent amount of rocks and is close to Orlando!

TEPUI said:
Hello,

Excuse the hijack: Wondering if anyone in South Florida can help me with this thread. Thanks in advance!

We all need/would like to see this park open up...
Until then, if you want to do some wheeling, PM or email me with contact info.
A few of us hook up and go out to Corbett, most are Tacoma's but a Toyota is a Toyota, wheeling is wheeling.

Corbett, is that like the Corbett Canyon? Word on the street is goodness echos from the conyon, corbett canyon... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom