Flood & Spot Light Combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have an ARB Intensity Spot Light and an ARB Intensity Flood Light on my Bumper. When purchasing these lights, I was told that it made sense to have one of each as it would provide the Best of Both World Scenario. My question is if there is an absolute as to whether the Spot Light should be on the Driver's Side and Flood Light on the Passenger's side, or is this merely a preference based on your driving type. Being that I am usually driving pretty slow when I am using the lights on a trail, I am thinking it may be better/more logical to put the Flood Light on the Driver's Side. What do you think?

seems like that'd be good for slower mountain driving. i wonder on the highway if youd rather have spot light on the drivers side and flood on the passenger so you can see off the side of the road better to avoid animal strikes. I've been wondering about just doing two floods.

I ended up getting a spot/flood combo light bar from 4wheelonline, and it seems to work well. But to answer your question, the most common configuration I've seen so far is having the spotlight on the driver's side and floodlight on the passenger's side.

seems like that'd be good for slower mountain driving. i wonder on the highway if youd rather have spot light on the drivers side and flood on the passenger so you can see off the side of the road better to avoid animal strikes. I've been wondering about just doing two floods.
I think that two floods make a lot of sense for my type of driving.

I ended up getting a spot/flood combo light bar from 4wheelonline, and it seems to work well. But to answer your question, the most common configuration I've seen so far is having the spotlight on the driver's side and floodlight on the passenger's side.
That's what I am hearing a lot of, but I am also hearing that it is pure preference based on driving style.

@xplorerlc200 i like your big aussie antenna. What's your radio set-up on the interior look like? Also what are your thoughts on the snorkel? I read someone's comment the other day that they wished they hadn't have added it - just added unwanted noise.
I will take a photo for you later today or tomorrow, but what I can tell you in the meantime is that I am using the Midland MXT400 and have a Splitter for the two antennas that I am utilizing. Regarding the Snorkel, I do not regret and cannot hear a big change in the cabin.

I kinda got mine a little higher,,same design of light but the cheaper version, they are 9 inchers and I got them all on spot,,I got em fanned out a little more that what the pic shows here, do y’all think it’s too much,,,and the little spec of brown on the light far to the left is where I was experimenting with different colors on the covers,,did not get it all erased I see
8B6442AC-6946-43D8-9096-515DD78BF6B8.jpeg

This rig reminds me of the truck in Crocodile Dundee with all the Bogans out in the Bush hunting ‘Roos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom