FJ's no longer being imported? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just spoke with a guy that does mods in the Nashville, TN area and he just told me that he was at a local dealer today and the dealer said that no more FJ's are going to be shipped to the US. What is here is what is here. I just bought one a couple weeks ago and went back and checked inventory at the 5 dealerships I shopped and no one has new inventory. I know these rumors are floating around but this was offered w/o me broaching the subject. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

could have somthig to do with toyota shutting down production for 11 days and there were none to ship. cause the rumor i got from dealer was that the 4runner was going to be cut and fj made with a 4 door to cator to more people.

cause the rumor i got from dealer was that the 4runner was going to be cut and fj made with a 4 door to cator to more people.
Exactly what I heard too last year from up high in the Toyota food chain.

I hate rumor mills. I'll wait until Toyota Motor Corp makes an announcement. Remember...we as owners still kknow more than 99.9% of the dealers out there. JMHO

I wouldn't take anything you here from a dealer seriously when it comes to the future of the FJ. As was said, we know more than 99.9% of the dealers.

the rumor i got from dealer was that the 4runner was going to be cut and fj made with a 4 door to cator to more people.

There is no way that would happen. The 4runner has been around since like 1985, it has a name and a reputation (sort of like the LandCruisers). For that reason alone they will keep it, it is a far more profitable platform for Toyota. The FJ will be dead long before the 4Runner is.

Just my .02

Toyota is going to ship what sells. The Japanese have never been a culture to "knee-jerk" their decisions.

I just hope they realize the P.R. value in producing niche vehicles for the enthusiast...like the off-roaders. It add's a lot of cred to the brand (if crumbling fender apron problems don't get advertised to broadly)!

Rumor

I hate rumor mills. I'll wait until Toyota Motor Corp makes an announcement. Remember...we as owners still kknow more than 99.9% of the dealers out there. JMHO

X3 I have spoken to some that said that they wouldn't ship the '09 model until the dealor is rid of all the '08 models. Those people have seen the 09.

Toyota is shipping the 09 model into the states..We have a couple that will hit the store any day..This will be the last year..

Toyota is shipping the 09 model into the states..We have a couple that will hit the store any day..This will be the last year..

I have been hearing on the FJ forum this was going to be the last year too. Is this just all rumor or is there any fact behind this, I guess I just need proff before I will belive it.

More rumors...

I find it difficult to believe a 'green' website, but I found this on the web:

Fuel costs shift Toyota product plans, FJ Cruiser and new Supra dead

An existing product that won't see a successor is the FJ Cruiser. The FJ is a niche product in a rapidly shrinking SUV segment and the similarly sized 4Runner has already been redesigned for 2010 so the FJ will bite the dust. In the big trucks production is being slashed and smaller, more efficient base engines get more emphasis than the big 5.7L V8. Instead of all of these formerly hot selling and high-profit vehicles, even more small cars like the new 5-door Yaris and the new 2010 Prius, will become the focus of Toyota's attention and production capacity.

Bottom line for me... I was going to wait for a 2010 model but i will snag a 09 ASAP.
:censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom